Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Principal Placed On Leave~

Posted by on May. 24, 2010 at 4:12 AM
  • 13 Replies

Your thoughts ladies...

Virginia Principal Is Placed on Leave for Distributing Fetus Dolls to Students

http://www.breitbart.tv/virginia-principal-is-placed-on-leave-for-distributing-fetus-dolls-to-students/

Pink Blondie Glitter Glitters

by on May. 24, 2010 at 4:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ff-princess
by on May. 24, 2010 at 6:15 AM

totally OT, but I don't think I've ever seen an overweight news reporter in my life. 

I wouldn't appreciate the teachers pushing their morals on my children, be it religion, politics, or sex.  give unbiased information?  fine.  but to use the classroom as a forum to propogandize is unacceptable.

Beatlemama
by Julie on May. 24, 2010 at 6:46 AM

As a parent, I would be very upset if someone gave this to my elementary-aged child. 

sunfreezeinmi
by on May. 24, 2010 at 6:48 AM

I wouldn't mind. That's what an unborn child looks like at one point during his or her beginning. I think it would be interesting to a child. 

mamapaparazzi
by Gold Member on May. 24, 2010 at 7:30 AM

First for me, too.... pretty neat, I say :)

Quoting ff-princess:

totally OT, but I don't think I've ever seen an overweight news reporter in my life. 

I wouldn't appreciate the teachers pushing their morals on my children, be it religion, politics, or sex.  give unbiased information?  fine.  but to use the classroom as a forum to propogandize is unacceptable.

CoeyG
by on May. 24, 2010 at 8:15 AM

Not appropriate for elementary school aged children.  Common sense would dictate such.   If a parent wants their child to know the development of a fetus it would be up to them to show them.  Especially with the message it conveys.   No school staff member or Pincipal has the right to force their views of this subject on the students within the school.   Even if it was within a highschool.  If a school staff member took it upon themself to give this to my child I would take it right back to that staff member and place it where the sun does not shine.   No school has the right to supercede a parent's teaching of morals and values and all those involved in this should be fired.

atlmom2
by Susie on May. 24, 2010 at 8:26 AM

Why would any principal do such a stupid thing? 

mommy.of.3.boys
by on May. 24, 2010 at 8:28 AM

Miracles happen every day. ITA with this, especially the part highlighted in red. WTF was the school thinking?!

Quoting CoeyG:

Not appropriate for elementary school aged children.  Common sense would dictate such.   If a parent wants their child to know the development of a fetus it would be up to them to show them.  Especially with the message it conveys.   No school staff member or Pincipal has the right to force their views of this subject on the students within the school.   Even if it was within a highschool.  If a school staff member took it upon themself to give this to my child I would take it right back to that staff member and place it where the sun does not shine.   No school has the right to supercede a parent's teaching of morals and values and all those involved in this should be fired.

Procrastination is like masturbation. It's all good until you realize you just fucked yourself.
LokisMama
by on May. 24, 2010 at 8:44 AM

Squishy, fleshlike figures....*giggle*

Trying to start brainwashing them to one side or the other early huh?  I am all for sex education and stuff, but leave the abortion politics out of elementry school.  Do you really want an 8 year old coming to you hollering about how they're pro-life and abortion is murder? Or standing outside an abortion clinic with a picket sign?

Let the kids be kids.  They'll get enough of this my side, your side bullshit when they grow up.

Woodbabe
by Silver Member on May. 24, 2010 at 9:34 AM

Its not as bad as I thought....a simple tiny doll with a description of developmental stages...I see it as more educational than anti-abortion.

~Parenting is not a Competitive Sport~
tinybubblez
by on May. 24, 2010 at 9:45 AM

sex ed- okay, allowing transgengers to teach-okay, transporting  teens to an abortion clinic- okay..

handing out a fetus doll? YOU'RE FIRED !

oy, what is this world coming to?

"The reason birds can fly and we can't is simply that they have perfect faith, for to have faith is to have wings." 

~James Matthew Barrie
flying dove animated gif

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)