Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Help me save her!

Posted by on May. 24, 2010 at 9:27 AM
  • 11 Replies

My dishwasher that is!  I loaded her up with lots of icky dishes - poured in the detergent - closed the door - pushed the button - and...CLICK.  Nothing.  I get the red lights as if it's on (so there IS power) but it does NOTHING.

I've checked to make sure the door is latched, there are no leaks around the door to trigger sensors, there IS power getting to the dishwasher, nothing is clogged anywhere, it just WON'T run.

Thoughts?!  Please?!

by on May. 24, 2010 at 9:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CoeyG
by on May. 24, 2010 at 9:28 AM

Is there a clog in the machine preventing water getting in?

embarrassed
by on May. 24, 2010 at 9:30 AM

I checked, but I didn't see anything...but I'll check again.

Quoting CoeyG:

Is there a clog in the machine preventing water getting in?

Just_Bethy
by on May. 24, 2010 at 9:42 AM

Try a hard reboot..lol..Unplug it...for about 30 seconds...(I always rub the end of the plug to make sure all electric is out..but if you get shocked don't blame me)....then try again...

embarrassed
by on May. 24, 2010 at 9:45 AM

OK...I'll give it a try - if I don't come back I've managed to electrocute myself!  LOL

Quoting Just_Bethy:

Try a hard reboot..lol..Unplug it...for about 30 seconds...(I always rub the end of the plug to make sure all electric is out..but if you get shocked don't blame me)....then try again...

.perfection.
by on May. 24, 2010 at 9:48 AM

kick it.

ForeverInLove
by on May. 24, 2010 at 9:54 AM

What brand?

Bosch had a recall on theirs for a similar issue. Mine was recalled and I hadn't even used it. It came with our house....

embarrassed
by on May. 24, 2010 at 10:18 AM

I survived - but the dishwasher still isn't running. :(

It's a whirlpool and it's about 10 years old (was here when we bought the house - house was built in 2000).

3jaysmama
by on May. 24, 2010 at 10:21 AM

I had that happen to ours.  The latch wasn't latching.  It seemed like it was, but apparently it wasn't connecting to the dishwasher or something.  We had to have a dishwasher repair guy come in and put on a new latch.

embarrassed
by on May. 24, 2010 at 10:25 AM

I hope that's all it is - I really don't want to have to find the money for a new one or *gasp* go back to handwashing!!

Quoting 3jaysmama:

I had that happen to ours.  The latch wasn't latching.  It seemed like it was, but apparently it wasn't connecting to the dishwasher or something.  We had to have a dishwasher repair guy come in and put on a new latch.

SunnyJoJo
by on May. 24, 2010 at 10:47 AM

LOL This generally works for everything when I try it.

Quoting .perfection.:

kick it.

If you want to view paradise, simply look around and view it.
Anything you want to, do it.
Want to change the world... There's nothing to it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)