Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Only two days left!

Posted by on May. 24, 2010 at 9:38 AM
  • 3 Replies

I'm so stinking excited that summer vacation is almost here!!!  No more getting up at 6 am, having to rush the boys through breakfast and getting dressed, then hauling butt to get to the bus stop on time.  It will be so nice to be able to slow down in the mornings.  Yeah, I'll probably be up at about 7:30 or 8 in the morning from here on out, but 6 am is way too early for me!  lol

So, in an effort to celebrate my eldest son's achievements in school, I want to do something special for him on the last day or the day after, but I'm not sure what.  I was thinking about taking him and his brother to a movie or maybe going bowling.  I don't have a lot of extra money right now, but I would like to do something for him.  This year has been hard and we've done a lot with him.  He deserves a good, strong pat on the back for it.

What are you doing with your kids for year-end festivities?

~Nicole
by on May. 24, 2010 at 9:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
maciymommieof3
by on May. 24, 2010 at 9:44 AM

we always do chuckie cheese on the last day of school

Miranda427
by on May. 24, 2010 at 9:45 AM

There's this program called "Kids Bowl Free". Children receive certificates to bowl 2 free games a day all summer long. You go to www.KidsBowlFree.com/amf, and sign them up. They will send you free bowling passes every week by email. We did this last summer, and plan on doing it again this summer.

p88hbear
by on May. 24, 2010 at 10:11 AM

I get my kids for a grand total of 18 hours before they will be swept up and wooshed off by my parents for the summer.  Bittersweet for me.  I will get to pick up Dani from her last day as a junior in high school and that night my folks will be town.  Then on Friday morning, they will be loading up both girls for a summer vacation at their house.  I don't get to do anything special at all - and I will have two milestones this next school year - Sami's first day of Kindergarten and Dani's first day as a High School Senior.

sad

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)