Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

iPad

Posted by on May. 24, 2010 at 5:55 PM
  • 14 Replies

Have you played with it? Do you like it?

I am flying to Cali and then driving back here (TN) with my best friend and I am really thinking I need something to keep me occupied...

So I just ordered one...the 62G wifi plus 3G....and it says 7-10 days to ship...and then 2-3 days for shipping. Is this accurate?

by on May. 24, 2010 at 5:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MommyToTwo0408
by on May. 24, 2010 at 5:58 PM

I haven't played with it, but it looks pretty cool.  Hope you like it. :)

Raintree
by on May. 24, 2010 at 5:58 PM

Mine is shipping, presently. Taking forever.

GOBryan
by on May. 24, 2010 at 6:16 PM

You could go to Best Buy and pick one up. I was just there today. It's nothing more than an expensive toy. I was trying to decide whether I should get an IPad or a 10' notebook for work and I was told that the notebook has programs and applications that the Ipad doesn't. Further, the Ipad is not a stand alone product. It all depends what you want it for.

Robyn218
by on May. 24, 2010 at 7:17 PM

can't you buy one at Best Buy or the computer store... ?  I am an instant gratification girl and hate to wait.

KelliandScott
by on May. 24, 2010 at 7:18 PM

My husband and I just ordered them and it said it would be here in 7 shipping days.

Robyn218
by on May. 24, 2010 at 7:18 PM

Quoting GOBryan:

You could go to Best Buy and pick one up. I was just there today. It's nothing more than an expensive toy. I was trying to decide whether I should get an IPad or a 10' notebook for work and I was told that the notebook has programs and applications that the Ipad doesn't. Further, the Ipad is not a stand alone product. It all depends what you want it for.

My daughter got a small notebook. She loves it.  I want one now.

LiesLiesLies
by on May. 24, 2010 at 7:54 PM

Quoting GOBryan:

I only really want it for a "toy". I have a Macbook Pro at home.

Raintree
by on May. 24, 2010 at 8:08 PM

They sold out here, plus we get an educational discount if we order through Apple.

Quoting Robyn218:

can't you buy one at Best Buy or the computer store... ?  I am an instant gratification girl and hate to wait.

LiesLiesLies
by on May. 24, 2010 at 9:11 PM

Quoting Raintree:

They sold out here, plus we get an educational discount if we order through Apple.

Quoting Robyn218:

Yep...she said they only get shipments every couple of weeks and they just got one today and sold out (30 units) in about 5 minutes...and the DONT have a waiting list...people were just waiting in the store.

NearSeattleMom
by Silver Member on May. 25, 2010 at 1:52 AM

I don't have one but I would if I had the extra cash.  I have an iPhone and absolutely love it . . . how much more awesome would an iPad be?  :)

readingI have four kids.  I've been married 22 years. My favorite color is purple. I hate coffee. I read a lot. I love to go to movies alone. Hot weather makes me crabby. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)