Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Birth control...PCOS, PMDD, Hiriustism

Posted by on May. 24, 2010 at 6:11 PM
  • 9 Replies

I have my 6 week postpartum checkup this week, and I am wondering what experience any of you have with the pill and the issues od PCOS, PMDD, Hiriustism (spelling). 

Suggestions, experiences, warnings, recommendations????  Please help!!

Thanks!

by on May. 24, 2010 at 6:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
theycallmemom4
by on May. 24, 2010 at 6:12 PM

Are you asking if they cause them or how they affect them?

kdasgirl
by on May. 24, 2010 at 6:14 PM

Well... I have PCOS and mild hirsutism (mild or not I'm still freaking hairy lmao) and luckily for me it really didn't affect me after having my son. I am assuming that's what you're talking about since you are going for your 6 week check up. I didn't start the pill until I was about 3 months postpartum and I had to change to a pill with more progesterone but that's it. I hope this helps.. I didn't really understand what you wanted advice on. =)

CariO.
by on May. 24, 2010 at 6:16 PM

What do you want to know about PCOS?  I had it.  It was the cause of our fertility problems, so I went through fertility procedures, eventually doing in vitro fertilization.  But after the birth of my first child, PCOS went away and I was able to ovulate on my own.  No more fertility troubles after that.  This is actually common, but not many women know that. 

And what is your question about the pill?  You can start back on it if you want, I believe 6 or 8 weeks after you give birth.

Mommymo08
by on May. 24, 2010 at 6:21 PM

I have all of those, what will help with them...along with preventing pregnancy of course.

Quoting theycallmemom4:

Are you asking if they cause them or how they affect them?

jessiesluv
by on May. 24, 2010 at 6:27 PM

I have PCOS & the hair problem. lol I have done everything from plucking, waxing, pills, creams, laser surgery, everything and nothing has worked. Good luck though!

Kaelansmom
by on May. 24, 2010 at 7:26 PM

I have PCOS and the hair problem as well as Endomitriosis... I am on Depo for the Endo... nothing has worked for the hair (got worse after I had DS) but the shot is helping with my AF and the pain.

fireangel5
by Member on May. 24, 2010 at 11:56 PM

I also have PCOS and use hair remover on my upper lip when needed and pluck my chin. I had been on BC pills for years along with Spirolactone, which I believe is a hypertension med taht helps with hiriustism, it did help me.

Be cautious with the BCP, I had been on them from 16 to help my periiods until I was 35, except for my 2 pregnancies. At 35 I found a lump which turned out to be stage 2 Breast cancer, which was fueled to estrogen. Now that I cannot take estrogen any more and have been in a quasi menopause, I really don't have upper lip issues anymore.

Mommymo08
by on May. 25, 2010 at 10:38 AM

It is just all so confusing!!  And I want to know what questions to ask my doctor to make sure  we decide on what is best overall for me.

thanks for the replies

snowbear74
by on May. 25, 2010 at 7:38 PM

wow I am so glad I am not the only one with the extra hair problems I dont have PCOS though  so I can't help you there sorry

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)