Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need College advice

Posted by on May. 24, 2010 at 6:32 PM
  • 4 Replies

I am a single mom, and a Domestic Violence victum, staying with a friend, unemployed (six months pregnant). I plan on moving out on my own and starting college soon. If anyone knows of any college grants that could help me please let me know. I am depserate to have a better life for me and my baby.

by on May. 24, 2010 at 6:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
haysmum
by on May. 24, 2010 at 6:34 PM

Start by visiting the financial aid office at the school.  They will help you with everything!  And congrats for going back.

Elyce225
by on May. 24, 2010 at 6:45 PM

I was watching a piece about this on GMA, they said google all kinds of grants because most people are qualified from like three different places which basically cover tuition. Google college grants and also talk to the financial office and see what they can help you with too. Where are you located?

Stasiasworld22
by on May. 25, 2010 at 8:03 AM

I am located in the rome area looking to go to a community college.

Zanny
by Bronze Member on May. 25, 2010 at 8:15 AM

Hi-  I just want to say congratulations on your huge life decision.  I was a single Mom too, and went to college on a Single Parent's Program..  I attended and graduated from Endicott College, in Beverly, MA.. right next to the ocean.  http://www.endicott.edu/servlet/RetrievePage?site=endicott&page=SingleParProg 

I just checked, and it is still going strong... Just think, being in a situation, with other women, who are there for the same reasons you are.. I can not encourage any Single Mom enough to try this.. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)