Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Cramps, cramps, cramps.....

Posted by on May. 24, 2010 at 9:31 PM
  • 7 Replies
My 15 yr old is experiencing pretty bad ones right now.(period cramps) She took natural meds for them and her normal cramp meds have caffeine and it's too late for those. Her natural aren't working. What do you ladies recommend?
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
I'm a pro-life, pro-breastfeeding, pro-cosleeping, mom to a responsible teen dad, non vaxing(for many reasons, PM me if you're curious), republican, Christian, army wife to David, and stay-at-home mom to Caleb, Savannah, Nicholas, and Lauren.
by on May. 24, 2010 at 9:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
atlmom2
by Susie on May. 24, 2010 at 9:33 PM

BC pill usually work but I wouldn't put a 15 year old on them although my dd's friends were on BC for cramps at that age or earlier even.  I didn't put my 19 year old that had bad cramps on BC pills until a few months ago and wow, its made a world of difference. 

ForeverInLove
by on May. 24, 2010 at 9:34 PM

Geez, um. i would suggest still taking either mydol or pamprin and then curling into the fetal position with a heating pad..... sleep too. And if she wears tampons, don't wear them during heaviest flows.... they made it worse for me...maybe it's doing it for her too.

Other than that, get her into the doc to see about something else. i can't suggest what I used to do...because i found out it's extremely bad to do, which ws taking mydol or pamprin, plus advil, plus aleve all at the same time just to make them bearable for work.

2boys2girls_
by on May. 24, 2010 at 9:37 PM

Quoting ForeverInLove:

Geez, um. i would suggest still taking either mydol or pamprin and then curling into the fetal position with a heating pad..... sleep too. And if she wears tampons, don't wear them during heaviest flows.... they made it worse for me...maybe it's doing it for her too.

Other than that, get her into the doc to see about something else. i can't suggest what I used to do...because i found out it's extremely bad to do, which ws taking mydol or pamprin, plus advil, plus aleve all at the same time just to make them bearable for work.

She doesn't like tampons because she doesn't like the idea of putting anything down there. Normally midol would work but it's too late to take it because it has caffeine in it
I'm a pro-life, pro-breastfeeding, pro-cosleeping, mom to a responsible teen dad, non vaxing(for many reasons, PM me if you're curious), republican, Christian, army wife to David, and stay-at-home mom to Caleb, Savannah, Nicholas, and Lauren.
Julie1976
by on May. 24, 2010 at 9:39 PM

I had bad cramps as a teen too and I took Ibuprofrin that the dr precscribed and then he said it was time for me to go on the pill to help with the cramps when he kept having to prescribe ibuprofrin all the time.  I was about 15 when I had to go on the pill.  It did really help me. 

2boys2girls_
by on May. 24, 2010 at 9:41 PM

Quoting Julie1976:

I had bad cramps as a teen too and I took Ibuprofrin that the dr precscribed and then he said it was time for me to go on the pill to help with the cramps when he kept having to prescribe ibuprofrin all the time.  I was about 15 when I had to go on the pill.  It did really help me. 

Did you need a pap done to go on the pill? She's still a virgin though so I don't know if they could even do a pap on her
-PB
by on May. 24, 2010 at 9:48 PM

Aleve (naproxen) always works best for me just cuz they last longer.  Also maybe try a heating pad either on her lower back or abdomen.  Super hot baths are good too.

-PB
by on May. 24, 2010 at 9:55 PM

I've also heard that chocolate cures pms but I don't really think its true.  I'd like to belive so just so I have an excuse to buy Oreos on a monthly basis but Google it and I'm sure you'll find out some bs reason why chocolate cures cramps.  That's what I'm going with anyway!  LOL 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)