Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Am I having a miscarriage?

Posted by on May. 26, 2010 at 9:47 AM
  • 13 Replies

I have been trying for 2 days to get an appoitment to see my doctor but he is unusally busy and can't get me in until later next week - he doesn't seem to care that I am beginning to worry I have only talked to his receptionist.

I am experiencing pregnancy symptoms but then 2 days ago I started spotting and I am having abdominal pressure and cramping...Are these a sign of miscarriage? Also I have had some brownish discharge - which really isn't that strange for me as it happens often. But I have been nauseated, light headed and sometimes dizzy, when I am not nauseated I am constantly hungry and can't seem to get enough to eat, alos I have had headaches and lower back aches...Can anyone relate? Please give me your honest advice

Who agrees with me I should find a new doctor?

by on May. 26, 2010 at 9:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
msdlm937
by on May. 26, 2010 at 9:50 AM

I suggest finding a new doctor. But, in the mean time, if you are spotting and cramping go to the ER. Better safe than sorry.

jenniffrm
by on May. 26, 2010 at 9:51 AM
How long have you been like this?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Connie04
by Silver Member on May. 26, 2010 at 9:52 AM

You're understandably stressed out about this, so I would try my dr's office one more time and push to get in as an urgent case.  If they won't budge, then can you go to a walk in clinic or something like that?  Sorry, I don't have any experience with this, but I know I'd want to see a doc asap.  Best of luck, I hope you can see someone today!

JessiWright10
by on May. 26, 2010 at 9:54 AM

well it has been on and off for 2 days now but today it seems more intense but sitting on the cushioned couch seems to relieve the pressure and make me feel better

NicMomof1boy
by on May. 26, 2010 at 9:55 AM

Did you miss a period?? Why do you think you are pegnant? Did you take a PT? And I agree- find a dif doctor. You know your body best. If you think something is wrong, don't wait.

Elyce225
by on May. 26, 2010 at 10:02 AM

I would definitely find a new Dr. It does sound like you are having a miscarriage. I had one when I was about 3-4 weeks and it looked like re-fried beans in my underwear. I had a couple of really sharp pains and a little bit of pressure and that was it. I tested positive on an ept too. Don't go to the ER or anything like that, it'll be a waste of time. At this point there is nothing they can do.

HotMommaStout
by on May. 26, 2010 at 10:06 AM

Are you actually pregnant or do you just think you might be.It was kind of unclear from the post. If you are definately pregnant, then go to the ER. If you aren't then take a test because lets face it...sometimes the symptoms of pregnany are a hell of a lot like the symptoms of PMS...

Ericha7
by on May. 26, 2010 at 10:07 AM

it kind of sounds like you are having a miscarriage :( i am sorry hun if you are. i had some of that same discharge during mine. you will also feel and test positive beause you still have the horomone in your system. Yes find a new dr. because you should have been worked already because of your symtoms. good luck to you and your little fella. I hope everything turns out for the better.

danie24
by on May. 26, 2010 at 10:18 AM

When was your last menstrual cycle (first day of your last period)?

JessiWright10
by on May. 26, 2010 at 10:30 AM

I'm not really sure I usually don't track it very well...I have always been irregular though, I know that it is has been awhile since my last one since before my wedding which was May 15 def.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)