Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

He stole a dead boy's identity

Posted by on May. 26, 2010 at 2:21 PM
  • 11 Replies

A 3 year old boy was murdered and his killer is in prison and up for parole. But, rather than his family dealing with that, they have to deal with a man who stole his identity and used it to pass a background check and get a job. The man is refusing to tell the authorities his name.

www.wlwt.com/news/23680121/detail.html

In my opinion, that is just sick. How do you not only a child's identity, but a dead child's identity??

by on May. 26, 2010 at 2:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Kaelansmom
by on May. 26, 2010 at 2:25 PM

That poor family... all that crap they have to deal with... it's never over, really, is it?

That man needs to own up to who he is... if not to save his butt, than for the family.

ashka88
by on May. 26, 2010 at 2:29 PM

Quoting Kaelansmom:

That poor family... all that crap they have to deal with... it's never over, really, is it?

That man needs to own up to who he is... if not to save his butt, than for the family.

This! How tragic for this family...

"Rule #1. I am always right.. Rule #2. In case of confusion, look to Rule #1."
LoriAnn87
by Bronze Member on May. 26, 2010 at 2:33 PM

that's just messed up and wrong. i feel so sorry for the family.

Brysonsgrammy08
by on May. 26, 2010 at 2:34 PM

There are some disgusting people in this world!

GOBryan
by on May. 26, 2010 at 2:36 PM

There's a lot of desperate people out there that can't get hired due to credit or a record of some kind. People are doing whatever they can to survive in this economy and to be perfectly honest, better that he used a deceased person's identity than a live person's because those living are still going to need it while the dead don't anymore.

I think the identity issue on the child's family part is a non-issue. They should be focusing on moving forward and dealing with the murderer instead.

http://www.cafemom.com/group/109589 Fathers Rights Cause

http://www.cafemom.com/group/42836 The Spiritual Cafe

I am a Central Florida Realtor http://gobryan.watsonrealtycorp.com/  

Brianav
by on May. 26, 2010 at 2:37 PM
How sad.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
.CrazyBeautiful
by on May. 26, 2010 at 2:39 PM

I don't understand how identities get stolen period. Don't you have to tell your date of birth with your social security number? Wouldn't there be huge red flags when you say you were born in 2007? I know I might sound dumb right now, but I really don't understand it. Doesn't the social and the birthday go together?

msdlm937
by on May. 26, 2010 at 2:41 PM

Quoting GOBryan:

There's a lot of desperate people out there that can't get hired due to credit or a record of some kind. People are doing whatever they can to survive in this economy and to be perfectly honest, better that he used a deceased person's identity than a live person's because those living are still going to need it while the dead don't anymore.

I think the identity issue on the child's family part is a non-issue. They should be focusing on moving forward and dealing with the murderer instead.

I disagree. I would be devastated knowing that someone had stole my child's identity. Regardless if he were dead or alive. I would want to know how this happened.

And the condition of the economy isn't a valid defense. People shouldn't be stealing anyone's ID. I have friends that have lost their homes and their jobs and are barely able to feed and house their families and they aren't out stealing someone's identity. And if they can't pass a credit or backgroud check, that is THEIR problem.

MommyLady
by on May. 26, 2010 at 2:48 PM

Quoting .CrazyBeautiful:

I don't understand how identities get stolen period. Don't you have to tell your date of birth with your social security number? Wouldn't there be huge red flags when you say you were born in 2007? I know I might sound dumb right now, but I really don't understand it. Doesn't the social and the birthday go together?

The deceased boy whose identity this man stole was three years old at the time of his kidnapping and death, in 1982.

.CrazyBeautiful
by on May. 26, 2010 at 2:49 PM

OK well that makes sense.

Quoting MommyLady:

Quoting .CrazyBeautiful:

The deceased boy whose identity this man stole was three years old at the time of his kidnapping and death, in 1982.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)