Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

what a great kid I raised

Posted by on May. 26, 2010 at 3:55 PM
  • 15 Replies

On Monday a friend called to remind me of another's friend's birthday and wanted to know if I wanted them to come by and pick me up for a day out.  I said yes so that is part of why I wasn't here earlier yesterday. 

I already had her present wrapped and ready and was reaching for it when my chair bumped the pedistal it was on and it went crashing to the ground.  I picked it up thinking it was okay and noticed that the AC plug had fallen out, I tried to replace it but part had broken off and after a couple of minutes the battery died...

Not good because I have my PSP loaded on it, music, all sorts of favorites that I'm going to have to reload....All of the stuff for my website was on it...

Worst part of course was not being able to access the internet!!!! I borrowed Shannon's laptop for a while last night and fell in love with her keyboard.  Went to Wal Mart today to search for something comprable to Shannon's but less expensive and couldn't find one.  Then Shannon turned to me and said she'd pay for half if I purchased the one like her's.  I was in shock, she gave me a hug and said "Happy Mother's Day" since she hadn't been able to find the lap desk that I wanted for Mother's day...

So, tada new laptop, love the keyboard but am going to be doing a lot of downloading and configurations.  UGH But I have a great kid anyway. 

by on May. 26, 2010 at 3:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Kaelansmom
by on May. 26, 2010 at 4:11 PM

What a sweetie!!! hugs to your daughter!

Elyce225
by on May. 26, 2010 at 5:58 PM

Aww that's awesome!!

CoeyG
by on May. 26, 2010 at 6:15 PM

Quoting Kaelansmom:

What a sweetie!!! hugs to your daughter!

I teased her that I was going to start letting her support me  LOL...

ColtsFan1912
by on May. 26, 2010 at 6:15 PM

aww how sweet of her :)

CoeyG
by on May. 26, 2010 at 6:18 PM

And now I've got the "pleasure" of downloading everything I lost that's on the other computer...sigh

wilesmomma
by on May. 26, 2010 at 6:18 PM
Aww! How sweet!! Congrats on your new lap top. Not trying to be nosey but do you mind telling me what model? We've been in the process of looking for a new because I don't like they key board on the one I have now.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
fallenfey22
by on May. 26, 2010 at 6:25 PM

aww that's so sweet of her! :)

MovalMomsADMIN
by on May. 26, 2010 at 6:26 PM
Quoting Elyce225:

Aww that's awesome!!

Elyce225
by on May. 26, 2010 at 6:29 PM

Were you and Shannon always close Coey? Was there ever a time (in her teenage years) where she "hated" you? My mom and I did not get along since I was about 12. Only a couple of years ago (maybe two) we started to get along again. I am so scared that my daughter is going to hate me because that is the only thing I know with my mother. I will never or say the things my mom did to me to my daughter but I'm still nervous. I see and hear some of my friends who are close with their mom and it makes me envious because I want what you (you as in you, not in general) have with your daughter.

Elyce225
by on May. 26, 2010 at 7:18 PM

HELLOO HELlo helloo, are you out there Coey??

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)