Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Atlanta area mommies!!!

Posted by on May. 26, 2010 at 5:34 PM
  • 3 Replies

So, I'm dying to start working again. But I'm kind of stuck on childcare. Does anyone know of any companies that offer onsite childcare? Or any daycares that are hiring that will let you bring your children at a discounted rate?

Also, my 3 year old will be 4 in December. Anyone know how the late birthday kids go about starting Pre-K? She's our first and I'm a little clueless....

Thanks in advance!!

Owner of: Atlanta Area Freecycle!, Strong Minded Mommies!, Young SAHMs of Cobb and Cherokee Counties, Sexy Mamas!, and Our Lives in Writing

by on May. 26, 2010 at 5:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
atlmom2
by Susie on May. 26, 2010 at 5:36 PM

I used to live there but have no leads on anything like that.  Will give you a bump up here. 

PamR
by on May. 26, 2010 at 5:40 PM

I worked at a preschool in the Atlanta area and there were teacher there who brought their children and got a discount.  I'll bet most of the good daycares do this.  I would go online to their websites and check to see who's hiring.  Goddard, Primrose, Kids R Kids, all have a lot of schools in the area.  I don't know of any companies that provide on site daycare.

haileys_mommy06
by on May. 26, 2010 at 7:10 PM

If you work at a daycare then you would be able to take your DD with you. She would have to be in a class for her age of course. They do offer  some kind of a discounted price, how much would probably depend on where you worked. I'm sure not all places are the same. As for other companies, I have no idea!

Your DD would have to be 4 before the school year started. I know because my DD will be going to pre-k this year (hopefully, we are waiting for a call back). She turns 4 July 29th. So just in time for school. That is what the school told me. However, she will be in GA pre-k. I'm not sure if the rules are the same for private pre-k. Probably not since private pre-k is all year long and GA pre-k follows a regular school year.

Also we had to be put on a waiting list for her because they place their kids first, then they go down the list. I was told to call at the beginning of January because the list could get pretty long.

This is how it is for the particular school in my area where she would be attending. I would call around to the schools in your area and see what they say.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)