Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Right-wing rules for presidents on Memorial Day: A visual guide

Posted by on May. 26, 2010 at 6:09 PM
  • 14 Replies

Right-wing rules for presidents on Memorial Day: A visual guide

May 26, 2010 2:41 pm ET by Simon Maloy

With Memorial Day fast approaching, conservative media types and right-wing bloggers are doing their best to attack President Obama's decision to commemorate the day at a military cemetery other than Arlington as disrespectful of the armed forces. This, of course, doesn't make a whole lot of sense, given that Ronald Reagan and both Bushes spent at least one Memorial Day away from Arlington, and they caught no flack for it.

But this situation is different, allege right-wingers like Erick Erickson and the bloggers of Wizbang. Sure, Reagan and the Bushes skipped out on Arlington, but they sent proxies, and their proxies were different from Obama's proxy because they had "undistinguished" military records and they never hated the military like Obama hates the military and so on and so on.

It's complicated, to be sure. So in order to help future presidents figure out what they're supposed to do on Memorial Day, we present the following visual guide to right-wing rules for presidential Memorial Day observance, which should hopefully clear up any confusion as to what's going on here:

by on May. 26, 2010 at 6:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
glitterteaz
by on May. 26, 2010 at 6:52 PM

That looks about right they need to make one on how to handle a environmental disaster too!! Either way that man (Obama) goes he is FUCKED!!!

Dzyre1115
by Bronze Member on May. 26, 2010 at 7:01 PM

Not to state the obvious, but Mr. Green, our President, is opting yet again to hop on his plane, wasting tens of thousands of dollars, flying halfway across the country, to thumb his nose at Presidential tradition, when instead he could go five minutes away to Arlington.  All the while blaming former administrations for the oil spill , because of their push to dependence on foreign oil and their refusal to use greener energy.  Did Air Force One suddenly become a hybrid, because he hops in it all the time needlessly, so it has to be green right, don't want to further dependence on foreign oil.  He is one big oxyMORON!!!

glitterteaz
by on May. 26, 2010 at 7:13 PM

Blah Blah Blah...I forgot that Arlington is the ONLY military cemetery!!! Not too mention other presidents have done the same damn thing!!! As I said above... Anything the man does he is screwed! Due to all the haters/ arm chair quarterbacks that are so much wiser and smarter than anyone else... sitting behind their computers typing a bunch of shit and doing nothing when they have all the answers. Here is an idea if you have ALL the answers and know how to fix EVERYTHING get off here and get to it!!!

Quoting Dzyre1115:

Not to state the obvious, but Mr. Green, our President, is opting yet again to hop on his plane, wasting tens of thousands of dollars, flying halfway across the country, to thumb his nose at Presidential tradition, when instead he could go five minutes away to Arlington.  All the while blaming former administrations for the oil spill , because of their push to dependence on foreign oil and their refusal to use greener energy.  Did Air Force One suddenly become a hybrid, because he hops in it all the time needlessly, so it has to be green right, don't want to further dependence on foreign oil.  He is one big oxyMORON!!!

Dzyre1115
by Bronze Member on May. 26, 2010 at 7:19 PM

LOL, I must be right!!!

Quoting glitterteaz:

Blah Blah Blah...I forgot that Arlington is the ONLY military cemetery!!! Not too mention other presidents have done the same damn thing!!! As I said above... Anything the man does he is screwed! Due to all the haters/ arm chair quarterbacks that are so much wiser and smarter than anyone else... sitting behind their computers typing a bunch of shit and doing nothing when they have all the answers. Here is an idea if you have ALL the answers and know how to fix EVERYTHING get off here and get to it!!!

Quoting Dzyre1115:

glitterteaz
by on May. 26, 2010 at 7:27 PM

Try far from it... but it is okay keep fooling yourself!

Quoting Dzyre1115:

LOL, I must be right!!!

Quoting glitterteaz:

Quoting Dzyre1115:

Dzyre1115
by Bronze Member on May. 26, 2010 at 7:30 PM

HAHAHAHAHAHA, I'm right, I know it!!!

Quoting glitterteaz:

Try far from it... but it is okay keep fooling yourself!

Quoting Dzyre1115:

LOL, I must be right!!!

Quoting glitterteaz:

Quoting Dzyre1115:

fireangel5
by Member on May. 27, 2010 at 3:07 PM

Yep, he's screwing up traffic and pulling beat cops to come to Chicago for the weekend.

Quoting Dzyre1115:

tinybubblez
by on May. 27, 2010 at 3:14 PM

is he going or not? this would break tradition, wouldn't it?

personally, i think he should be at the gulf NOW and thru Memorial Day!

tinybubblez
by on May. 27, 2010 at 3:16 PM

Quoting Dzyre1115:

good

Della529
by on May. 27, 2010 at 3:44 PM

That's cute.

When did Chicago move half way across the country from DC?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)