Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What's the best thing about where you live?

Posted by on May. 26, 2010 at 7:47 PM
  • 73 Replies

What's the best thing about where you live?

Low crime?  Beautiful scenery?  Affordable cost of living?  Nearby relatives?  Or something entirely different?

The best thing about where I live is the beautiful scenery . . . snow-covered mountains, soaring trees, the Puget Sound, the foliage...

I try to remind myself of that on days like today when it is RAINING RAINING RAINING RAINING RAINING.

(It's been dreary for too long.  I'm sick of it.)

umbrella

readingI have four kids.  I've been married 22 years. My favorite color is purple. I hate coffee. I read a lot. I love to go to movies alone. Hot weather makes me crabby. 

by on May. 26, 2010 at 7:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Kaelansmom
by on May. 26, 2010 at 7:49 PM

I am in Hawaii.... the beaches is the best thing, next to being exposed to so many different cultures...

Though, I can't wait to move back to the Northeast...

Elyce225
by on May. 26, 2010 at 7:51 PM

I live in farmland Northern VA so we get fresh all natural meat and food from our neighbor. We have pretty mild winters (except this past year we had two blizzards back to back).

carolasaya
by on May. 26, 2010 at 7:52 PM

I live in Orlando FL, so I loove that my kids get to go to Disney and Seaworld whenever they want.

Robyn218
by on May. 26, 2010 at 7:53 PM

My beautiful property with the river running right through it.  I have million dollar views from every rear facing window, plus the fact that my daughter and grand daughter live in a guest house a short golf cart ride from the main house.

Robyn218
by on May. 26, 2010 at 7:54 PM

Quoting carolasaya:

I live in Orlando FL, so I loove that my kids get to go to Disney and Seaworld whenever they want.

One of my kids is in Tampa.  It's a short easy drive to Disney World.  I love that whole Treasure island area.

iamcafemom83
by Bronze Member on May. 26, 2010 at 7:54 PM

i live in jacksonville FL. we are 2 minutes away from the beach! it is awesome, we are blessed. on those hot days we can sneak away to the beach. on the balmy nights we have a great ocean breeze. the beaches community is also much nicer than the rest of the city imo. im lucky i have my mom, grandparents and aunts nearby!

supermom985
by on May. 26, 2010 at 7:55 PM

the food and the drive thru daquries  lol new orleans,la

ttc-after-loss-baby-dust.png

Ovulation ticker

HadleyAzure
by on May. 26, 2010 at 7:56 PM

I hated all that snow. I hope it doesn't snow that heavy this coming winter.

Quoting Elyce225:

I live in farmland Northern VA so we get fresh all natural meat and food from our neighbor. We have pretty mild winters (except this past year we had two blizzards back to back).

The best things I guess are my backyard is the Shenandoah National Park, I can pet deer next to my garage lol , close to Washington DC.

bakebiscotti
by on May. 26, 2010 at 7:59 PM

No crime, beautiful river, 14,000' peaks,  Mt Princeton Hot Springs the best weather in the whole wide world.  This view from my backdoor

Elyce225
by on May. 26, 2010 at 8:05 PM

It was so stupid! In Oct of 09 we moved into the woods, we have a 400 foot super steep driveway now. We didn't think it would snow that bad so we didn't get a snow blower or anything. We had to friggin dig out for three days twice because of it. It was fun though!!

Where are you located? We are getting a house but in Charlottesville in two years.

Quoting HadleyAzure:

I hated all that snow. I hope it doesn't snow that heavy this coming winter.

Quoting Elyce225:

The best things I guess are my backyard is the Shenandoah National Park, I can pet deer next to my garage lol , close to Washington DC.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)