Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

QUICK WEIGHT LOSS?

Posted by on May. 26, 2010 at 10:16 PM
  • 28 Replies

Ok my hubby is coming back home in Aug, and i want to loose like 25-30 lbs bye then, iam about 145, its pretty hard to exercise raising two kids by yourself, and i have such a hard time sticking to a diet, what are some really easy ways to loose wegith, anyone know of any?

by on May. 26, 2010 at 10:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CoeyG
by on May. 26, 2010 at 10:21 PM

Well I've lost 20 pounds so far...but then I was just diagnosed with Lupus as well, I don't know if that has anything to do with it but I do know that I'm not as hungry during the day as I used to be, usually have just one regular meal a day and a couple of little snacks the rest of the day.   I don't recommend my "diet"  though...

zebbyzebby06
by on May. 26, 2010 at 10:23 PM

ya i tried only eating once a day for a while theni noticed getting shaky at the end of the night :S

Quoting CoeyG:

Well I've lost 20 pounds so far...but then I was just diagnosed with Lupus as well, I don't know if that has anything to do with it but I do know that I'm not as hungry during the day as I used to be, usually have just one regular meal a day and a couple of little snacks the rest of the day.   I don't recommend my "diet"  though...

Kaelansmom
by on May. 26, 2010 at 10:26 PM

I am doing the 30 day shred... 20 minute workout DVD... supposed to help you lose 20lbs in 30days (going to take me a little longer, but I ahve already lost 6 lbs in a week)

incasage
by on May. 26, 2010 at 10:31 PM

I don't know if you drink soda's, but my Aunt actually just posted something on FB stating that if you cut out all soda's you could lose up to 30 pounds in 60 days. Also, if you're not good with sticking to a "diet", just try to cut back on certain foods and portion sizes. ;)

Good Luck!

Wyndi
by on May. 26, 2010 at 10:31 PM

cut out processed foods, sugary foods and walk more. I've lost 16 pounds since January by doing this. thats 2 pants sizes.

Drink more water during the day.

incasage
by on May. 26, 2010 at 10:32 PM

Yay! Good for you ;)

Quoting Kaelansmom:

I am doing the 30 day shred... 20 minute workout DVD... supposed to help you lose 20lbs in 30days (going to take me a little longer, but I ahve already lost 6 lbs in a week)

zebbyzebby06
by on May. 26, 2010 at 10:55 PM

iam BAD at drinking soda i really gotta stop i did once and had very bad caffine withdrawl, i need to do it again, and iam bad at not drinking water.  but i really want to stick to. i dont think i could cut out soda all togther maybe 1 a day? or even a week.  i should start walking my kids in their wagon everyday. i want to be sexy for him when he gets back so i gotta kick my butt ingear lol

Wyndi
by on May. 26, 2010 at 11:08 PM

Quoting zebbyzebby06:

iam BAD at drinking soda i really gotta stop i did once and had very bad caffine withdrawl, i need to do it again, and iam bad at not drinking water.  but i really want to stick to. i dont think i could cut out soda all togther maybe 1 a day? or even a week.  i should start walking my kids in their wagon everyday. i want to be sexy for him when he gets back so i gotta kick my butt ingear lol

I drink a case of diet coke a week. I also drink green tea, lipton tea, and water. If I don't drink atleast 2 caffinated drinks a day I get Migraines from caffiene withdrawal. my DH is willing to splurge on my diet coke so I am a nice person to be around

Formernavybrat, former navywife, And Future navyMom.

zebbyzebby06
by on May. 26, 2010 at 11:15 PM

yes and being alone with a 3yr old and 19 month old i have a mt dew by 9am lol it keeps me sane.......i think if i had atredmill in my basement ro something id do that, i feel too lazy in the heat i could never run lol

Jessymessy
by on May. 26, 2010 at 11:18 PM

soda definitely helps, i switched from pepsi to diet and lost a bunch of weight.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)