Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What is the last movie you saw in the Theatres?

Posted by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 2:38 AM
  • 42 Replies

What is the last movie that you saw? Was it worth the prices that you pay to see them these days or do you wish you had just waited on it to come out on DVD?

by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 2:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SunnyJoJo
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 3:09 AM

LMAO I saw New Moon... and I paid $4 to see it because our theatre is super cheap, plus it was tuesday. (yeah tuesdays are discounted go figure)
Muscled up shirtless native american guys running around still didn't make that movie worth my 4 bucks. sigh.

If you want to view paradise, simply look around and view it.
Anything you want to, do it.
Want to change the world... There's nothing to it.

AngelaL747
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 3:25 AM

Step Father

WishfulMama
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 3:37 AM

I took my kids to the new Shrek movie.  If you want to experience it in 3-D you must go to the theatre.  It was cute.  My kids love the Shrek movies.

Kaelansmom
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 4:27 AM

Thomas the Tank Engine and the runaway Kite... took Kael and it came up to 10$ for both of us, popcorn included.

glitterteaz
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 4:40 AM

The Last Song it was very good enjoyed it and would love to see it again!!

gwebkeijmmm
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 5:12 AM
Robin Hood... and YES! worth the money. Not because the movie and the popcorn was so great but because we don`t get date nights so often with 4 kids.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
roxy85
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 5:15 AM

Iron Man 2. My boys and I went to see it. I'm thinking of taking them to the drive-in to see the double feature Shrek and How To Train a Dragon...

mcginnisc
by Bronze Member on Jun. 3, 2010 at 7:01 AM

Shrek 4 last weekend... I took the girls to see it and it was $15 just for my 4 yr old and I to get in ( the 22 month old is free) and then for a bottle of water, small popcorn, a small sprite anda box of M&M's it was $17...

The movie is great, but I don't think a 4 yr old should cost as much as an adult to get in.. our theater is $7.50 per person regardless of age!

Next weekend, my dd's karate studio is renting out the theater for Karate Kid 2. Nobody can get in but the students, and families of the studio. So, we are paying a discount of $7.50 per person to see it with them next Saturday night. ( we're paying matinee prices instead of night prices of $9.75 pp)

Claire

AutymsMommy
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 7:03 AM

My sister and I went to see Sex and the City 2... it was great and well worth the money. I do not remember what it cost us to get in.

My husband and I try to go to the theatre once a month, so we will see what our next up is :o)

The theatre is such a different experience than just popping in a dvd. I love the theatre.

I am a Private School sending, Vaccinating, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Homework Helping, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Academic pushing Mother. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it raising my child - I will do that, Thank You. I believe that a woman's place is in the home taking care of her house, children and husband. I am submissive and proud, my husband is head of my home. I am a proud, traditional Roman Catholic, as is my husband... Yes we are teaching our children that The Church is the only Church.               Aimee

MikeysMom51108
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 7:05 AM

Shutter Island.

We had free tickets (husband randomly gets them from work). So, thankfully, we didn't waste any money, but it sure was a waste of those free tickets.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)