Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

10 fun facts that I have learned, now your turn to share.

Posted by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 9:34 AM
  • 21 Replies

I thought it would be different to share some fun facts.

I am always trying to learn new and cool facts and I thought what a better way to go about it, is to share with other's. I have gathered these facts from all over the place. Some I knew and some I even just learned.

Maybe you even have or know some fun facts you could share with us?

Fun Facts to guide you in your daily lifes.

1. Did you know The best time for a person to buy shoes is in the afternoon. This is because the foot tends to swell a bit around this time. So when going shoes shopping check your watches ladies!

2. By partially filling saucers with vinegar and distributing the saucers around a room, you can eliminate odors. It really works! I have been real big on buying air fresheners. They get expensive and also the metal can is not earth friendly unless you recycle.

3. Did you also know that Vodka is Russian for little water. Yeah, but do not believe it. It causes silly stuff to happen after you drink much of it...lol.

4. It takes about 63,000 trees to make the newsprint for the average Sunday edition of The New York Times. That is a lot of trees. And that is just one day, Sunday.

5. The leading cause of poisoning for children under the age of six in the home is liquid dish soap. I have read this in several articles and couldn't believe it. Dish soap. Who would have thought?

6. If you buy a ticket on Monday you are a hundred times more likely to die before the draw is held on Wednesday, than win the Jackpot. Now that is crazy.

7. In 1998, Sony accidently sold 700,000 camcorders that had the technology to see through peoples clothes. Oh geeze.....I bet there are some still out there.

8. The search engine Google got its name from the word √ęgoogol√≠, which refers to the number one with a hundred zeros after it. Don't know why but...well, now you know too!

9. Children laugh about 400 times a day, while adults laugh on average only 15 times a day. Come on cheer up mamma's!

10. From a complete stop, a human is capable of outrunning a Formula One Race Car for about 30 feet. WOW, who would have thought?

What cool facts do you ladies know, come on share!

by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 9:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Brandyh
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 9:43 AM

hummm I learned turn a tick counterclockwise to get it off your skin....and in my state there are no known cases of lhyme disease <whew>

rockinmama07
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 9:44 AM

BUMP!

allurasmamma
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 9:45 AM

See that is cool.  Must be working if that fact is used where you live.

Thank you so much for sharing!

Quoting Brandyh:

hummm I learned turn a tick counterclockwise to get it off your skin....and in my state there are no known cases of lhyme disease

allurasmamma
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 9:45 AM

Thank you for the bump..to sweet!

Quoting rockinmama07:

BUMP!

wilesmomma
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 9:49 AM

In 10 mins, a hurricane releases more energy than all the world's nuclear weapons combined

wilesmomma
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 9:50 AM

Deer can't eat hay

wilesmomma
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 9:50 AM

The first puck ever used in a game was a frozen piece of cow crap.

Thelmama
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 9:53 AM

my brain is not awake....I know some stuff like that but my brain is too sleepy......but I thought I'd bump it anyways..LOL

allurasmamma
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 1:59 PM

Wilesmomma, thank you for sharing! A poop hockey puck? that is um....gross. But neat. I didn't know deer can't eat hay, prob cause of their teeth huh?

allurasmamma
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 1:59 PM

Wake up woman! lol. Thank you for bumping! Come back with some cool facts!

Quoting Thelmama:

my brain is not awake....I know some stuff like that but my brain is too sleepy......but I thought I'd bump it anyways..LOL

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)