Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

name changers!

Posted by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 9:39 AM
  • 30 Replies

We were given a name at birth. some of us love our names and some of us...well.....would love to change it.

If you could change your name to anything? Anything at all, what would you choose? And why?

I like Danny for a girl or joey. I wish I had a different boy name. I have Jamie, it is unisex. But I would love something more boyish.....

by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 9:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MySavinGrace
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 9:44 AM

If I had the money to do so I'd change mine to either Alissa Marie or Emma Elizabeth. Name is Melissa Ann, I just don't like it much.

My son whose name is Wesley, he wants to change his to Cody. That's what his name was supposed to be when he was born but his dear ole dad decided at last minute that he wanted Wesley. I like his name and so does he but he would rather it be Cody

allurasmamma
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 9:50 AM

Awe, thank you for sharing! I m new to the group and am trying to get a feel for everyone here and meet new moms.

My mom's name is Melissa, but she does not have a middle name...

I like lissa for short. Take away the '"M" and you would have elissa. I like all of those names.

My son wants to change his name to "James Woods" he is too funny with it.

I like the name welsey. I had a best bud in school named Wesley. Cody is cute too.

Quoting MySavinGrace:

If I had the money to do so I'd change mine to either Alissa Marie or Emma Elizabeth. Name is Melissa Ann, I just don't like it much.

My son whose name is Wesley, he wants to change his to Cody. That's what his name was supposed to be when he was born but his dear ole dad decided at last minute that he wanted Wesley. I like his name and so does he but he would rather it be Cody

allurasmamma
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 9:51 AM

My name is Jamie, I like my name but I would love to change my middle name. I  have boring old Lynn. I would love something like Skye, or starry. Something earthy.

danie24
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 9:54 AM

I wouldn't. I love my name.

My name is Danielle Elizabeth (Danie for short). I was named after my Dad (Daniel) and my Mom (Elizabeth).

My mom changed her name two years ago. My grandmother has no idea (LOL). She hated her name (most of it, she kept Elizabeth). She just got rid of her ugly middle names.. Gertrude being one of them.

erinmay0609
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 9:55 AM

I like my name but would want to make it differnet... My name is Erin. If I could, I would like to change my name to Erynn. The same name just a different way to spell it. :) My middle name is May and it is after my grandmother so I would keep that name... Erynn May.

erin is just so common of a name and I like to be unique. :)

neila_930
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 9:55 AM

I like my name so I wouldn't change it

EireLass
by Ruby Member on Jun. 3, 2010 at 10:03 AM

I'm not changing my name. I'm okay with it. 

My daughter....27....does not have a middle name (neither do I). She is going to get a middle name, and change her last name to my maiden name. She has alot of dislike for her father (my ex), and does not want to even carry his name. 

daxeros
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 10:05 AM

Growing up, I hated my name "PattiJo" - with no middle name. It was always mispronounced and spelled wrong (even on my high school diploma) and I got teased relentlessly! I was named after both my parents (mom's name is Patty, dad's name is Joe).

Now, I absolutely love my name! I find that it has meaning to me now, and it's really kinda unique. I still have to correct people on the pronunciation and the spelling, but it doesn't bother me as much as it used to. And after I go through the trouble of correcting people, I usually just tell them to call me by my lifelong nickname "PJ". :o)

estrellasbebe
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 10:06 AM

I'd rather not say what I'm changing my name to, but changing my name is in my near future. It's not even that I don't like my name... I don't like all that is associated with my name,  (on a personal level.) I even use my "new name" now most of the time... family hates it and will throw a fit when I change it, but I don't live life for them.. so that's that. lol

MySavinGrace
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 10:29 AM

When my nephew & nieces were little they always called my Auntie cause cause I didn't like Aunt Melissa, now my great nephew & great niece call me Aunt Missa! I like that a lot better

Quoting allurasmamma:

I like lissa for short. Take away the '"M" and you would have elissa. I like all of those names.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)