Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

A Serious Question *leave the drama at the door*

Posted by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 9:59 AM
  • 113 Replies

Going to lay down some Ground Rules since some people have issues with intelligent meaningful talks

1. IF you site Scripture PLEASE BACK IT UP with your own thoughts and Feelings. Any of the following statements will promptly be ignored as well as the person Posting

Because god says so, that's not what god wants or anything remotely close to anything like this. You have a brain use it instead of answering like a brain washed robot

2. Drama- first sling of Mud, crack about parenting, or a person hiding behind a name or a computer you no longer have anything to offer to the discussion. I can't delete you but I don't have to answer you nor do I want anyone else to... Drama Queens only want more drama.  

3. Big Girl panties are a must

4. If you are asked a direct Question Answer it... yes it's easy to miss but in another post someone was asked the same questions 6times and they were ignored. 3times is my limit after that forget it move on they can't answer it for whatever reason

QUESTION!!!!!

With all this talk about Homosexuality and Universal Law (which was a joke and never answered) My Question is if it's so wrong why did God create them? According to the bible we are created in his or her Image. SO He or She Created ALL People Not a certain group of people. Not a Certain Race of People Not a certain Color of person. All people equally. SO the Question again is WHY Did God do it if its SOOO Wrong. Remember to back up your reasons please.

I think the Goddess created all these different types of people because she and her companion enjoy variety That all the different types of people in the world just make it a better place to live in. I think that its people' conditioning that makes the problems. it's not that god thinks it wrong its people were conditioned to think that way just like people were conditioned to think blacks were to be slaves and not worth a lick and woman were too stupid to vote or hold jobs. We unconditioned our thinking about many things over the years Even though there are still people who think that way. So what do you think? 

by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 9:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
anetrnlov
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 10:02 AM

The argument will be that God did not create homosexuality.  That man (or woman) created and choose the idea which I completely disagree with.

Homosexuality is not a choice.  Science is fast on the approach of proving that.  I have also yet to find one person who can explain to me why anyone would willingly put them through the internal torture and external bigotry homosexuals go through willingly.

wilesmomma

I think you won't get a straight answer that they came up with besides god said so and free will. But I would love to hear an answer as well!

danie24

God can do ANYTHING and EVERYTHING but he is NOT POWERFUL enough to create a world with free will AND without sin.

That's what the Christians tell me, anyway.

tyra618
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 10:05 AM

I think some people like to blame their feelings on God because to them it doesn't make them a bigot. If god says it's wrong then no wrong doing on their part.   I believe in live and let live and what others do in their home, bedroom and who they give their heart to has nothing to do with me.  Felt this way growing up in a lesbian household.  I wasn't abused.  I wasn't loved any less.  I watched my mom be happy and in a healthy relationship that lasted longer then all of my friends parents marriages.  So maybe I'm biased but love is love and people need to worry less about what goes on in their neighbors bedrooms and more about what goes on in their own.

tyra618
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 10:09 AM

Quoting anetrnlov:

The argument will be that God did not create homosexuality.  That man (or woman) created and choose the idea which I completely disagree with.

Homosexuality is not a choice.  Science is fast on the approach of proving that.  I have also yet to find one person who can explain to me why anyone would willingly put them through the internal torture and external bigotry homosexuals go through willingly.

Thank you.  My mom was beaten by her own parents. Thrown out at 15.  Homeless no money no place to go and called names.  BY HER PARENTS.  In order to go home 2 weeks later cold, dirty and hungry she had to tell my grandparents she was sick in the head and a pig.  She was still a lesbian but she had to lie to get her parents to love her.  To be accepted she lied to herself.  All to please others and not herself.  She says everything happens for a reason but she said she wished when she was younger that she could have liked men. She said it would have made her life easier.   She didn't. She tried which is how my sister and I came to be and she is happy for that.   It wasn't a choice she made.  It happened.  Kinda like me liking boys

silvercrow
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 10:10 AM

I should have thought the question through a little better but i was getting tired of hearing why God doesnt and i wanted to know why God did.. Because by Default we are all in his or her image.. i agree with you though they will run with the choice issues.. I know its not a choice and i am tired of hearing that it is. These reprogramming camps they have to convert gays back doesnt convert them.. they live the rest of their lives with those feelings.. They either follow nature or kill themselves because they cant live with the idea of failing god.

Quoting anetrnlov:

silvercrow
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 10:12 AM

Thank You Ladies.. so far this has been the most intelligent talk..

anetrnlov
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 10:17 AM

Reprogramming groups remind me of cults...they literally scare me.  I cannot imagine putting someone I love through that level of intense brainwashing....and that is exactly what it is.

The other level of "proof" that homosexuality is not a choice is the fact that there are homosexual animals.  Primal animals with no free will or deep levels of contemplation are "turning up" gay.  No one with any level of intelligent thought can tell me that a dog, cat or penguin (for instance) made a conscious choice to be gay.

Quoting silvercrow:

I should have thought the question through a little better but i was getting tired of hearing why God doesnt and i wanted to know why God did.. Because by Default we are all in his or her image.. i agree with you though they will run with the choice issues.. I know its not a choice and i am tired of hearing that it is. These reprogramming camps they have to convert gays back doesnt convert them.. they live the rest of their lives with those feelings.. They either follow nature or kill themselves because they cant live with the idea of failing god.

Quoting anetrnlov:

SweetTea98
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 10:17 AM
LOL @ the hypocrisy of the "Ground rules"
anetrnlov
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 10:20 AM

Quoting SweetTea98:

LOL @ the hypocrisy of the "Ground rules"

Hoping for an intellectual debate rather then a bash/name calling fest is hypocrisy?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)