Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

It's not fair stupid vent because I am upset.

Posted by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 1:41 PM
  • 23 Replies

For my husbands birthday I planned a whole party, made dinner, invited his friends over all of that. I went out of my way for him.  He didnt even give a crap.
For mothers day I got NOTHING at all.  We went ot his moms house but really didnt seem like a day for me at all.  Just seemed like any other day.

My birthday is this weekend.  What am I doing? NOTHING.  My husband was telling my brother how he is going to throw me this party and all but then of course changed his mind.  I will be driving the kids to my moms house, but its pointless. If I didnt have to take something to my dad that he needed I would seriously just say never fucking mind and not do it.  There is no point at all. 
Tommorow night we are going to sit around and I will make dinner for the both of us and then we will sit around and watch tv, what we do EVERY FRICKING NIGHT.  Saturday(my actual birthday) He has soemthing to do for work that only tribal members are allowed at, which I am not so I cant go.  Who knows how long he will be there, but that leaves me at home alone doing nothing with no car to go anywhere, and most likely will be having to clean the damned house.  Then saturday night I get to make dinner for my husband and we will sit around watchign tv, or watching him play wahtever video game he is bored enough to play.  Or he will end up sleeping most of the day.  Sunday I get to drive back to my moms and get the kids. 
There is no point in getting rid of the kids for the weekend if I am doing nothing I can do nothing with them here.

I am upset. I am dissapointed that I am literally doing NOTHING and getting NOTHING for my birthday.  I will spend the day most likely cleaning and cooking, like I do every single day and watching my husband ignore me while either sleeping or playing video games.

I am so tempted to just say fuck it and not come back this weekend. I could do more hanging out with my mom and sisters than I would sitting at home. 
I just want one fricken birthday where I get to do something fun.  Every single year, I do NOTHING for my birthday, I pretty much do for everyone else but no one ever does anyting for me.  I may be older but it just seems like another day to me because nothing ever happens.
I asked him maybe to invite over a couple of our friends to hang out and play games, but no he doesn't want to. 

Sorry, I am just upset and dissapointed and am tired of having a birthday where its crap. 

by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 1:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Aspinsmom
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 1:45 PM

You are so not alone. I think most moms get that done at some point. Happy early birthday. I hope its better than you are thinking.

fallnangel93
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 1:46 PM

Well maybe he will surprise you! My husband did that for me this year. He planned a "poker night" with his friends at our house. He said I had to go out to the store to get all this crap for his friends and when I came home, he had my entire family and friends there for a surprise party for me. So maybe your husband will surprise you and do something sweet for you. Happy birthday!

Pregnancy%20ticker

Gender Prediction
Get your own gender prediction!

tatar
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 1:57 PM

awwwww mama...don't get upset...I don't celebrate mine as well...what is important is you thank your God (if you believe in any) that He has blessed you with another year to live with your family, another day year with your children...How one Celebrates birthdays specialy the party thing is just how the society dictates it, doesnt mean you have to follow the trend. You could cook fo your family to celebrate it but don't expect them to treat you in a specia wayl and you won't get hurt anymore. I do that. I ty to look at my bday a different way and not how society would like me to spend it.

Awakened1
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 1:57 PM

Why don't you just tell him how you feel about it? At least then , if nothing happens this year he might get his act together for your next birthday.

JSVDP
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 2:20 PM

He doesn't get why I am upset. He doesnt get that I dont like that for my birthday I will be doing what I do every day. 
He wants me to stay home this weekend while the kids are at my moms, but I dont understand what the point of that would be if nothing is happening.  He will be gone from 8am to 11am maybe a little longer, my sister will be in town around noon for pictures, I will spend a few hours with her and he wont want to come along, which means pretty much the entire day we wont even be around eachother, and at night we will sit around and watch tv, then the next day I will drive to get the kids.
I want to do something for my birhtday, every single year I have done NOTHING I want to do something for once. 

tatar
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 2:23 PM

I understand what you mean lol I hope i live next door to you and we could both go out together for  your bday:)

Quoting JSVDP:

He doesn't get why I am upset. He doesnt get that I dont like that for my birthday I will be doing what I do every day. 
He wants me to stay home this weekend while the kids are at my moms, but I dont understand what the point of that would be if nothing is happening.  He will be gone from 8am to 11am maybe a little longer, my sister will be in town around noon for pictures, I will spend a few hours with her and he wont want to come along, which means pretty much the entire day we wont even be around eachother, and at night we will sit around and watch tv, then the next day I will drive to get the kids.
I want to do something for my birhtday, every single year I have done NOTHING I want to do something for once. 

atlmom2
by Susie on Jun. 3, 2010 at 2:28 PM

We got out for lunch for Mother's Day.  If I want a present I buy it myself and I usually do.  I spend $200 on scrapbooking things this year.  I bought a Dooney and Bourke purse the year before that. 

My dh isn't a party person so he wouldn't be thrilled if I gave him one. 

bellaamore
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 2:43 PM

My birthday is Friday.  Guess what I get? Nothing.

Am I ticked? Nope.  Know why? I am not a kid and I don't need a celebration and gifts for being a year older.

There are certain things that aren't big enough battles to even pick...this is one of them for MANY women.  If I get left alone on my birthday and don't hav eto yell, I will be happy.:)

JSVDP
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 3:30 PM

Quoting bellaamore:

My birthday is Friday.  Guess what I get? Nothing.

Am I ticked? Nope.  Know why? I am not a kid and I don't need a celebration and gifts for being a year older.

There are certain things that aren't big enough battles to even pick...this is one of them for MANY women.  If I get left alone on my birthday and don't hav eto yell, I will be happy.:)

I am not upset I am getting nothing, I am upset that I am doing NOTHING.  If I were to go and spend the weekend at my moms he would invite people over to hang out with him.
We only get rid of the kids once in a blue moon so we can actually DO something that we normallly cant do when they are home.  He had me talk my mom into taking the kids for pretty much sitting around the house. 
the fact that I am going to be the one to clean it and cook dinner for him is the worse part of it.  I would ask him to take me some place do take some  pictures but he will most likely tell me he is tired and doesn't want to drive any place. 
There is no point in ggetting rid of the kids if all we are going to do is nothing at all.

Elayna90
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 3:37 PM
My birthday is Sunday and I'm going to spend it pretty much the same as you. Except my dh has to work. I won't see him from 9am until about 11pm or midnight.
I'm not getting nor am I doing anything for my birthday. Yes, I would like to but it is just another day of the year and if I concentrate on thinking something should be done than my feeling will get hurt when it's not. So instead, I'm hoping my kids will be good and maybe dh will bring some food from the restaurant so I don't have to cook dinner.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)