Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Unsure....Am i the only one who questions this?

Posted by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 4:27 PM
  • 9 Replies

Now let me begin by saying that i do pray and i have attended a number of churches from Baptist to Christian to Non-Denom... All of which had spiritually uplifting sermons from time to time and i have nothing bad to say about any of them or abot religion in general. I just do not know if i beleive all of what the 'man made' bible has to offer as far as Godly knowledge is concerned. I find it hard to believe sometimes that we were all created by one God...It leaves me questioning, if one God created us, then who created all the other beings in this universe...? Our bodies and minds are so scientifically put together, how can we not be perhaps a creation of some other superior being which lives within the universe...How do we know that we weren't indeed created by those beings? IDK...Just a little bit of what goes thru my mind sometimes...LOL!

by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 4:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
momsndaughters
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 4:38 PM

LOL! Okay..Maybe i am th only one who questions this...

mferruz
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 4:42 PM

I don't question whether God created us or not, but I draw no conclusions as to what he really is like.  I think the Bible and most other religious texts are only part of the story and that only God and those who have passed on know the entire truth.

ibebreezy
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 4:47 PM

i think the bible is a book.

but yes my husband and i talk about stuff like this all the time

momsndaughters
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 5:21 PM

Well it's nice to know that i'm not the only one... I mean i think about things such as:   Why is the bible so hard to follow sometimes and why does it contradict itself so often?
I find it hard to believe that there is only one GOD...If this were true then shouldn't we be the only beings surviving in this vast universe we live in?! Is it so hard to think perhaps we are the direct result of scientific experimentation from a more intelligent being...? Could it be that the bible was created by a more intelligent being as well, which would explain the contradictions and difficulty to follow. After all wouldn't it be hard to put the explanation of our creation in simple terms if the creator him or herself were so highly intelligent.
Science has already proven that the average human only uses 10% of their brain...That Einstein used only about 47%... Immagine if we used 100% of our brain, would we need to talk to communicate? Would physical touch be so necessary? Would the definition of beauitful be so shallow in nature? How different things would be if we used our minds to their full potential...Perhaps we could be flying to other galaxies and studying other life forms as well.....
Why is the bible so hard to follow sometimes and why does it contradict itself so often?
I find it hard to believe that there is only one GOD...If this were true then shouldn't we be the only beings surviving in this vast universe we live in?! Is it so hard to think perhaps we are the direct result of scientific experimentation from a more intelligent being...? Could it be that the bible was created by a more intelligent being as well, which would explain the contradictions and difficulty to follow. After all wouldn't it be hard to put the explanation of our creation in simple terms if the creator him or herself were so highly intelligent.

Science has already proven that the average human only uses 10% of their brain...That Einstein used only about 47%... Immagine if we used 100% of our brain, would we need to talk to communicate? Would physical touch be so necessary? Would the definition of beauitful be so shallow in nature? How different things would be if we used our minds to their full potential...Perhaps we could be flying to other galaxies and studying other life forms as well.....

Why is the bible so hard to follow sometimes and why does it contradict itself so often?

teri4lance
by Bronze Member on Jun. 3, 2010 at 5:26 PM

we don't and we can't comprehend the truth about our existence while on this plane. I choose to be Christian - but I don't believe we have it all right. I think everyone has it partially right and partially wrong. I believe you can chose whatever religion you want, and that God loves us all just for being us - and he likes it when we are good to each other and ourselves. I really don't think he cares how we chose to love him. I even really don't think he minds when people don't believe in him, bc it really doesn't matter what we think. We are his and he loves us. And he is whatever he is, be it he, she, they, it - whatever...we really don't have the capacity to describe him anyway, so it's irrelevant. So, chose what feels good to you, and strive to be good. The rest is just bows and wrappings.

GothicMommyToBe
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 5:28 PM
I believe there is a god and goddess and under them are their followers or servants the angels. And then us.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dusky_rose
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 5:31 PM

Well, I don't think man can totally understand everything in the Bible and what God wants us to know as much as we try. So its good to have questions, maybe we will understand when God explains it to us. I have theories about things in the Bible as well, but not about who created us.

Click image above to join Motivate to Get in Shape!

CoeyG
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 5:57 PM

I am not a Christian, I do not follow the bible.  Grew up in a bible reading home but never really had faith in it.  Answer to "how do we know"?  That is that we don't know...

dustinsmommy74
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 6:22 PM

I think that we all have these questions running through our minds at times. I mean how could we not? We are human right?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)