Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Boys and Girls

Posted by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 7:11 PM
  • 5 Replies

Should there be separate rules for boys and for girls? Should boys be allowed to do more sooner than girls can? What are your thoughts? Do you find yourself sheltering your girls more and letting your boys go?

by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 7:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
danie24
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 7:13 PM

I treat my son and daughter the same.. but they're only 2 and 4.

When they're older they will both have the same rules.

Robyn218
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 7:21 PM

NO!  Boys are prone to rediculous acts that land them and nearby bystanders in the ER.  Around 11 to 13 a boy goes totally brain dead and does things that cannot be explained or understood...   When asked why????  He will answer, "I don't know." with a look of complete bewilderment on his face...

dustinsmommy74
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 7:28 PM

Quoting Robyn218:

NO!  Boys are prone to rediculous acts that land them and nearby bystanders in the ER.  Around 11 to 13 a boy goes totally brain dead and does things that cannot be explained or understood...   When asked why????  He will answer, "I don't know." with a look of complete bewilderment on his face...

rolling on floorI totally agree with you there. My oldest is 23 and sometimes he still does that look of bewilderment. It must be in the male genes.  LMAO

CoeyG
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 7:36 PM

ummm well I only had a daughter to raise and I didn't raise her any different that I would have if she were a boy.  If she were a boy he wouldn't get to date until he was 16 either. 

EireLass
by Ruby Member on Jun. 3, 2010 at 8:52 PM

Nope. My kids were allowed to do most anything they wanted to. No sheltering. They are very different kids from each other, so their wants/desires were very different. They're adults now. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)