Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Are you close to your family, even if you do not live in the same state?

Posted by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 9:30 PM
  • 15 Replies

We are for sure.  Dh's family too. 

MOM'S WITH TEENS Group MOD

by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 9:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Dzyre1115
by Bronze Member on Jun. 3, 2010 at 9:32 PM

Very close and we all get together every year.  This year on July 17th, can't wait!

Kaelansmom
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 9:54 PM

Close as in I speak to them... close as in proxemity wise.. no...

I am in Hawaii, mum is in Colorado, Sis and the rest of mum's family is in Massachusetts and DH's family is in Florida, along with my father...

and I try to avoid visiting Florida as much as possible.

CoeyG
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 9:56 PM

I'm close to my half sisters.  My parents are dead and my youger sister and I are "estranged". 

ColtsFan1912
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 9:57 PM

Yup. We live almost 2000 miles apart but still are close. I just can't wait to afford to go back & see them.

EmmasMom0305
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 9:58 PM

I am with my family, my mom sister and I talk every day on the phone and try to do the web cam about once a week. We aren't really close with dh's family, I love them all to pieces we just don't talk very much.

EireLass
by Ruby Member on Jun. 3, 2010 at 10:15 PM

My kids.....extremely close to. One is a neighbor, one lives out of state, but we talk every other day.  

Johariz
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 10:18 PM
I am very close to my family. Mainly my mom. I talk to her almost every day. They all live 2000 miles away.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamapaparazzi
by Gold Member on Jun. 4, 2010 at 4:07 AM

Not as a whole, but we are close with some members.

anetrnlov
by on Jun. 4, 2010 at 7:06 AM

We are close to some of our family....

emmiesmommy1109
by on Jun. 4, 2010 at 7:11 AM

I'm close to my mom, my sister, my dad, my aunt, my BIL.

I don't get along with my brother for reasons I'm not getting into. I hate my mom's BF. I've heard nothing but bad things about him and I don't think he's treating my mom the way she deserves. She could do so much better. I think he's using her but I just want her to be happy and I know saying anything will upset her.

I don't really know my newest step mom.

I am a bit upset with my parents though because neither of them have come to see DD and she is almost 7 months old. DH's family has been out 5-6 times.

We are close to DH's moms(yes, 2), his siblings, his dad(more recent development). We have added a lot of his more distant family on FB and a lot of them comment on my updates about DD and stuff whereas before we had basically no contact.

We are supposed to be going to visit his grandma next summer because DD is her very first great grandchild. Which is why his family has come out so much. First baby in their family of this generation. DD is my mom's 5th grandchild and my grandmother's like 8th great grandchild.

Oh yeah, we are in NC. My family is in TX, his is in IN and NV. I have family in LA and CO as well but don't really talk to them at all.

marineswashing dishesbaby girl

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)