Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

problems with dh....

Posted by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 11:43 PM
  • 10 Replies

Usually my dh and I are very very happy. The last month or so we've been stuck in a rut. He is always gone, finding things to keep himself busy while im here with the kids. He does the bare minimum with them the kids, which hurts me to see. It may not be fair to say but it seems like they are an inconvenience to him right now. We never talk! He is either ignoring me when i try and just nodding, or tells me doesnt want to talk and goes to bed. The only time hes been nice to me this month is last night, i went out with my girls and came home wanting some lovin....if you catch my drift. He took to that just fine and then went right back to same old same old. I have already told him how im not happy that we're not communicating and that it hurts and me and the kids. He got mad and left....again. I feel like a single mother! What would you do? 

by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 11:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Brandyh
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 11:47 PM

awww sweets that sucks...Marriages ebe and flow.  I rember a particularly stale point in my marriege.  I frankly told my hubby as much as I loved him if he wasn't going to have fun with me, someone out there would be willing to. (okay I said it nicer than that but its pretty close.)  Something must be bothering him right now, perhaps you can get a sitter and go out together to try and reconnect....sounds to me like he's bothered but might not even really know just what it is.  You'll work thru this...communication is key!

itscool2recycle
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 11:56 PM

ill bet its something stupid thats bothering him too! Like that he couldnt fix a car at work and hes taking it all out on the family! bullshit! marriage can be a bitch!

onefootcutiepie
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 11:58 PM

It could really just be an "ugh, being a grown up is over-rated" phase. Can you get some date nights in with a sitter?

itscool2recycle
by on Jun. 4, 2010 at 12:01 AM

i think thats the problem!!!!! we were having weekly date nights but havent had one in a month!!!!! LIGHT BULB! 

onefootcutiepie
by on Jun. 4, 2010 at 12:02 AM

haha! glad I could help!

CoeyG
by on Jun. 4, 2010 at 12:04 AM

I would tell him to get whatever problem he is having straightened out or I'd be seeing a lawyer. 

onefootcutiepie
by on Jun. 4, 2010 at 12:14 AM

Quoting CoeyG:

I would tell him to get whatever problem he is having straightened out or I'd be seeing a lawyer. 

Well, that just screams "for better or worse". Good gracious.

CoeyG
by on Jun. 4, 2010 at 1:06 AM

It's not "for better or worse"...it is "for better, for worse"...and I was married to a man who "swept everything under the rug"  If it was "unpleasant" he didn't want to discuss it.  Problem is after 20 years of sweeping problems under the rug there was a huge lump that we kept tripping on, and I wasn't going to stick around while his temper escalated and his emotional abuse became physical.

Quoting onefootcutiepie:

Quoting CoeyG:

Well, that just screams "for better or worse". Good gracious.

onefootcutiepie
by on Jun. 4, 2010 at 8:54 AM

That's not any different Coey

EireLass
by Ruby Member on Jun. 4, 2010 at 9:23 AM

It sounds like he's pre-occupied. Remember they don't speak the same language as we do. Your idea of communicating and his idea are different. Get as basic as you have to, to explain what's missing, and what you need.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)