Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What color would you paint?

Posted by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 12:18 AM
  • 10 Replies

Hi ladies, i am just looking for some opinions because i cant seem to come up with any ideas on my own. We live in base housing, so ther isnt much we can do. They WILL let us paint though so i am wanting to paint an accent wall in my living room. The living room is very long, one end is the entrance into the room, the adjacent end is a big window, so i am going to paint the long wall my couch backs up to.. there are valted ceilings.. so its truely a BIG  LONG wall lol.. I have a  tan, camel color micro fiber couch and large chair. Anyone have any ideas? lol I would normally say a tan color lol.. but that wouldnt look so good against the couch so i am at a loss..

CafeMom Tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 12:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ajswenson
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 12:22 AM

In our basement we have a long room, and I painted the short walls NAVY and the long walls white. It looks really nice.  I'm just wondering if a darker color on the short walls would work in your room too???  What colors do you like??

carter210
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 12:25 AM

I would do red but that's just me. I know red is not a color everyone likes.

What about a darker brown? It would still be neutral for you.

valorie59
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 12:29 AM

You have a lot of options since your couch is a pretty neutral color. You said the room has a big window, is it pretty well-lit then? You could do dark red, that's pretty popular. Or do a dark sage green or a blue. 
My front room has a big window but doesn't get a lot of natural light. My kitchen/dining room I painted a medium sagey green, so the front room I plan on doing a light, almost buttery kind of yellow. 

SweetTea98
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 12:45 AM
An olive type green..my new favorite...or tiffany type blue.
YourMyTrouble
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 12:50 AM
Is it a narrow room? If so lighter cool colors.. If it's a larger area then warm colors.. All depend if u want to make your room seem more open or smaller?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommy4000
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 12:52 AM

i have a cream couch and my living room is painted in a little darker than the couch cream and mocha color. It's really pretty and goes well with my furniture. If you are just doing the one wall I would say like a dark mocha color to really bring out the couch and it will brighten the other walls if they are white.

Susan0805
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 12:54 AM

I live in base housing and me and most of my friends just buy pretty pics and decorations for the wall and then we use those wall decalls that are like glorified stickers. It looks good and all you have to do is peel off when you get orders!

EireLass
by Ruby Member on Jun. 13, 2010 at 9:39 AM

I always think accent walls look good when they're painted dark. Maybe a cranberry color? 

TheJerseyGirl
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 9:42 AM

Do an olive tan or brown color!

Lbluv20
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 6:21 PM

thanks for the suggestions ladies!! all the colors sound wonderful.. now for a me the make a decision lol... i do like the sticker decals.. they are beautiful , but would still like some color aswell.. Thanks again!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)