Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

A couple of questions from an O.C.D. person!!

Posted by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 12:59 AM
  • 27 Replies

When u take a shower do u wash ur hands after u bath and ring out ur rag??

If u take a bath do u rinse with the same water??

If ur kids take a bath, do u rinse them with the same water??

Do u wash ur hands after u put up ur dirty clothes??

Do u spray out ur tub with any kind of cleaner or discenfectant wieh sum1 else uses ur tub??

Could probably go on and on, but I guess that's it for now!!  LOL!!

by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 12:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tatar
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 1:26 AM

When u take a shower do u wash ur hands after u bath and ring out ur rag?? no I'd ring out my rag then wash my hands

If u take a bath do u rinse with the same water?? it's yucky to me. I shower

If ur kids take a bath, do u rinse them with the same water?? no....it's gross to me. I ask him to take a shower

Do u wash ur hands after u put up ur dirty clothes?? Yes

Do u spray out ur tub with any kind of cleaner or discenfectant wieh sum1 else uses ur tub?? All the time

Della529
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 1:39 AM

Is this what you do?

chica1965
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 1:41 AM

Are you OCD or  are you asking  OCD people  ?

Nanasmom03
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 12:09 PM

I am O.C.D.   I am asking people in general and O.C.D. people.

My nephew and brother is staying with us. I thought all this time he was taking showers. Well he is taking baths.  He is 10.  I asked him if he rinses his self off with the same water he bathes with.  He said yes.  I can't get over it.  It's very disgusting to me.   I wished he would just take a shower instead.   I told him to put his dirty clothes up then wash ur hands.  He thinks it's nonsense, but I don't.  

Yes, After I bath myself I ring out my rag then wash my hands before I shave or get out the shower.  I also wash my hand after I pick up my clothes off the floor!!

chica1965
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 1:36 PM

My son is OCD     I think tollerance on the part of both is called for  

Quoting Nanasmom03:

My nephew and brother is staying with us. I thought all this time he was taking showers. Well he is taking baths.  He is 10.  I asked him if he rinses his self off with the same water he bathes with.  He said yes.  I can't get over it.  It's very disgusting to me.   I wished he would just take a shower instead.   I told him to put his dirty clothes up then wash ur hands.  He thinks it's nonsense, but I don't.  

Yes, After I bath myself I ring out my rag then wash my hands before I shave or get out the shower.  I also wash my hand after I pick up my clothes off the floor!!

Nanasmom03
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 2:00 PM

Quoting chica1965:

Quoting Nanasmom03:

HOW OLD IS UR SON??

chica1965
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 2:04 PM

23      he can be very demanding and insulting  lol

He expects me to wash his plate 3 times  before he will use it  and says things like its disgusting if I dont

I know the plate is clean but I don't say your crazy becasue he wants to wash it  three times

We have learned to  not insult each other   He washes the plate three times cause it is his issue   Kwim  LOL

Quoting Nanasmom03:

Quoting chica1965:

Quoting Nanasmom03:

HOW OLD IS UR SON??

atlmom2
by Susie on Jun. 13, 2010 at 2:09 PM

I am not OCD

When u take a shower do u wash ur hands after u bath and ring out ur rag??No

If u take a bath do u rinse with the same water??  Yes

If ur kids take a bath, do u rinse them with the same water??   yes

Do u wash ur hands after u put up ur dirty clothes??   No

Do u spray out ur tub with any kind of cleaner or discenfectant wieh sum1 else uses ur tub??  No

Could probably go on and on, but I guess that's it for now!!  LOL!!

atlmom2
by Susie on Jun. 13, 2010 at 2:13 PM

My 19 year old has never mild OCD tendencies or sensory issues.  I could kill her sometimes.  I can't imagine someone with severe OCD.  My dd is NOT a neat freak though, so far from that.  Its not that kind of OCD.  Some noises bother her and some other things. 

FrenchGrey
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 2:23 PM

I think we are all a little OCD...just about different things. I wash my hands after unloading/ puttingaway groceries...I dunno if thats ocd or not but my hands feel so gross afterwards. Anyway.....as for the questions..

When u take a shower do u wash ur hands after u bath and ring out ur rag??

I don't wash my hands after and I ring my rag out while in the shower.

If u take a bath do u rinse with the same water??

I don't take baths usually but if I do I'll just soak in the water with all the yummy smelling stuff and then when I'm ready to wash I'll let the water out and shower.

If ur kids take a bath, do u rinse them with the same water??

Depends on how filthy he was when I put him in there. Most of the time I will rinse with the tub water and then turn on the running water to dump over his head a few times. But we usually have lots of bubbles that I heave to get rid of :) (he's three)

Do u wash ur hands after u put up ur dirty clothes??

I had to think about this one.....I think I do? Maybe if I'm picking up my husbands clothes too. His work clothes are always dirty.

Do u spray out ur tub with any kind of cleaner or discenfectant wieh sum1 else uses ur tub??

No...cause I shower not bathe...if I was to bathe I would. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)