Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Some people...

Posted by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 3:27 AM
  • 11 Replies

I am totally pissed that some people just expect that you'll "keep an eye" on their kids for them!  I was at my local library the other day, (population in my town is under 3,000) and this mom notices me and my 2 year old all snuggled up reading.  She tells her daughter (about 2?) to go "over there" and play.  This kid walks up, steals my DS' book, and totally reeks of poo!!!  We pick another book, and she plops down right on me (the stench!)  and expects me to read to her.  During this, her mom is on her cell phone, in the LIBRARY, and could care less what a frickin' brat her kid is!  The girl continues to throw books on the floor and is totally in DS' face!  The mom finally walks over and asks if her DD is being good!  I responded with "do you see all the books on the floor, that was her!"  She picked the kid up, said an ever so friendly bye to the staff and walked out the door!  GRRRRRRR!  This type of thing seems to happen to me all the time!  WATCH YOUR OWN KIDS!!!  i feel better, for now.

by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 3:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SweetIrony
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 3:30 AM

I had the same thing happen to me.. oddly enough it was at the library, too. The mom sent over her two possibly three year old and went out of the kids room and up the stairs. I watched the kid for awhile but DD and I had to go and its not my kid not my problem however there are so many weirdos around I didn't want the child to end up kidnapped bc she wondered off so I took her to the front desk and told them she was alone and her mom went else where in the library and they said they'd handle it.

dusky_rose
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 3:36 AM

You realize that you just let her do that to you, right? That child wasn't your responsibility and the mom didn't even have the decency to ask you if your would mind watching her child while she made a quick phone call. I'm sorry but I would have said "excuse me, but I don't work here, you need to keep an eye on your own child." Then I would have taken my child and moved to a different area of the library.

Click image above to join Motivate to Get in Shape!

BabyKsMaMa
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 3:48 AM

Yeah, maybe.  But I'm not going to move to another area of the library when we were comfortably reading in the children's area.  And it wasn't just a quick phone call.  She was alone for over 20 minutes!!  I'm not going to tell my 2 yo that we have to go somewhere else because of this kid.  We visit the library daily and it is part of his routine.  When I ignored the kid, that's when she started throwing things around.  And that is when the mom finally paid attention to her kid.  JUST WATCH YOUR OWN KIDS!  I think the hospitals need to hand out pamphlets for those dumbass parents!

ToxicIrishLove
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 3:55 AM
Wow.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamapaparazzi
by Gold Member on Jun. 13, 2010 at 3:58 AM

Why didn't you say something to her until the end?  If this happens to you all the time, I'd think by now you'd be sick of it and ready to blow, lol.

BabyKsMaMa
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 4:05 AM

Not sure.  I guess I kind of feel bad for the kids at first, and then I realize that I can't fix everyone!  Not saying I'm the perfect mom or anything, but I could never trust my child on his own like that!

Quoting mamapaparazzi:

Why didn't you say something to her until the end?  If this happens to you all the time, I'd think by now you'd be sick of it and ready to blow, lol.

ToxicIrishLove
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 4:09 AM
If it happens next time walk up to the mother and tell her something.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
glitterteaz
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 4:19 AM

It takes a village to raise a child and that one needs all the village it can get!!!

mamapaparazzi
by Gold Member on Jun. 13, 2010 at 4:37 AM

Everytime I see that my brain messes with it and translates it to "It takes the Village People to raise a child" LOL.

Yyyyy m c a! It's fun to stay at the Yyyyyy m c aaa heeey! LOL

Quoting glitterteaz:

It takes a village to raise a child and that one needs all the village it can get!!!

glitterteaz
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 4:43 AM

LOL apparently you were checking out silver's siggies too much LOL 

Quoting mamapaparazzi:

Everytime I see that my brain messes with it and translates it to "It takes the Village People to raise a child" LOL.

Yyyyy m c a! It's fun to stay at the Yyyyyy m c aaa heeey! LOL

Quoting glitterteaz:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)