Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Just A Little Sad.....

Posted by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 6:53 AM
  • 8 Replies

Yesterday marked 38 years since my dad died. Mind you, I am 41! It's just about the most depressing day of the year for me and my sister. My poor grandmom sat in the house all day not talking to anyone.

It just amazes me that no matter how much time goes by, it doesn't make it any easier. He's missed my whole entire life! He's never seen any of his 5 grandchildren. He never got to see how darn cute my sister and I grew up to be. He'd be beside himself to watch my husband restore the very same car he took such pride in. A need for speed is actually what killed my dad, but he loved his fast cars, his young gorgeous wife and his two little girls who are his very clones. I just would give anything to spend a little time with him, you know?

Did I ever tell anyone that my dad went to a private school in NJ and graduated with DANNY DE VITO?!?!? He called my dad Billy Joe (his name was Billy) since they were all city boys and my dad was a farmers kid from South Jersey. He told him to save his autograph because it would be worth it someday. He had no idea! LOL

Ok...I feel a little better now.

Myspace CommentsMyspace Comments

by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 6:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
ToxicIrishLove
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 6:56 AM
Uhmm hun he has seen you and your sister grow up,seen his grandbabies. Hell in heaven he saw what they'd look like before you did. He's watching over you.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dre_bunny
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 7:00 AM

Aw, I'm sorry. Idk what to say to you. I hope you feel better.

group hug

mamapaparazzi
by Gold Member on Jun. 13, 2010 at 7:04 AM

I'm so sorry, I'm sure it hurts terribly :(

gardenchic
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 7:05 AM

i am so so sorry,,,,,

GardenChic

TheJerseyGirl
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 7:34 AM

Quoting ToxicIrishLove:

Uhmm hun he has seen you and your sister grow up,seen his grandbabies. Hell in heaven he saw what they'd look like before you did. He's watching over you.

Awww....I like that! Thanks!

bamababe1975
by Silver Member on Jun. 13, 2010 at 5:38 PM

Aww, I'm sorry. hugs

p88hbear
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 5:51 PM

hugging I can only imagine how hard it is but here's a hug...

Well, I think it's a hug... the more I stare at it, the more it looks like they're getting a bit friendly... lol.

Glitter Words

Myspace Comments
TheJerseyGirl
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 6:01 PM

LOL...I'll take it anyway!

Quoting p88hbear:

hugging I can only imagine how hard it is but here's a hug...

Well, I think it's a hug... the more I stare at it, the more it looks like they're getting a bit friendly... lol.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)