Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kyron's family speaks to the public.

Posted by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 10:06 AM
  • 6 Replies

This link is the family speaking to the public. I have no way to post the video, so if anyone knows how to feel free to do so.

http://www.kptv.com/video/23874177/index.html

Any thoughts on where this little boy may be?

I been thinking about this little boy , non-stop.

I truly hope he returns home safely.

Here is the original story about his dissappearance.

Boy Still Missing; 'Normal' School Day Planned

Kyron Horman Missing Since Friday Morning

POSTED: 3:14 pm PDT June 6, 2010
UPDATED: 6:11 pm PDT June 6, 2010

PORTLAND, Ore. -- Students and parents from Skyline Elementary School were interviewed by deputies Sunday about the disappearance of 7-year-old Kyron Horman.

Multnomah County sheriff Dan Staton said Kyron was last seen by a fellow student near his classroom by the south entrance of the school in the late morning hours of Friday.

Kyron and his stepmother, Terri Moulton Horman, attended a school science fair that morning and she watched him walk to his classroom at about 8:45 a.m, deputies said.

Everyone who attended the science fair was asked to return to the school Sunday so they could be interviewed by detectives. Kim Vanko, who has three children who either attend or formerly attended the school, described the school as "tight-knit" and a "lovely, warm school."

"They're just trying to talk the kids through it and see if they can pick up any grains of information," Vanko said. "This is so sad."

Classes at Skyline will resume as scheduled Monday morning, said Matt Shelby, a district spokesman for Portland Public Schools.

"We're going to run as normal of a day as possible," he said.

Superintendent Carole Smith would not comment on the specific details of the timeline from Friday. Deputies have said Kyron's absence went unnoticed.

"Normally, when a student is marked absent, that goes down -- depending on the school -- throughout the day. The school secretary collects and enters it into the student information system and then, in most cases, the attendance calls it out," Shelby said.

The district did not release any details on when or if information about Kyron's absence was collected by the school. Shelby said that information is part of the sheriff's office investigation.

"We're cooperating with the investigation as much as we can," Shelby said. "On Monday, we're going to focus on supporting the students and staff."

Smith said the school leaders are reviewing district policies regarding absences in the wake of Kyron's disappearance.

She said the district will mandate the use of its automated attendance system that places phone calls to parents for students who don't have a prearranged absence. Thirty-seven of the 50 K-8 schools use the automated dialer system when there is an unreported absence.

It will take about one week for the system to be implemented at the other schools and, in the meantime, staff will manually make the calls.

Kyron lives just a few miles away from the school with his father and stepmother. He has an older half-brother.

Search For Clues Continues

Authorities have yet to comment if the ground search for Kyron revealed any evidence, but Lt. Harry Smith said search and rescue crews -- joined by the FBI and the National Guard -- completed an "immediate grid search" of an area around the school Saturday and Sunday.

Smith described the terrain around Skyline as rough, with steep inclines and ravines.

Gina Zimmerman, the president of the school's parent teacher association, said Kyron was excited for the school science fair Friday and his project was about a red-eyed tree frog.

"He's not the kind of child that would just go out of school, go searching or wandering around," Zimmerman said. "He's just a timid, sweet boy."

Kyron was supposed to be dropped off at the school bus stop near his house at about 3:45 p.m. Friday. Moulton Horman quickly realized her child was missing and then called the school, said Lt. Mary Lindstrand of the Multnomah County Sheriff's Office.

School administrators said they started a search in the area but they were unable to find the boy. They called the non-emergency dispatch line to report Kyron as missing.

Officials with Portland Public Schools said they used their phone notification system to contact other parents and inform them that Kyron was reported missing.

Deputies launched their search at about 5:45 p.m. -- nearly nine hours after the boy was last seen. Since then, a number of local, state and federal police agencies have joined the search.

"We want to throw everything we can at this," said Capt. Jason Gates on Saturday. "If it were my son, this is what I would want to see."

There has been no indication of foul play in Kyron's disappearance, but deputies upgraded the investigation to involve a major crimes team. Lindstrand said this allows more resources -- including those of the FBI and Oregon State Police -- to be used in the search.

With a number of neighboring police agencies helping in the search, deputies said civilian volunteers searching in the area will only complicate the process.

"We would appreciate if the civilian volunteers keep Kyron in your prayers, but please don't come to the scene because it affects our efficiency," Gates said.

Neighbors who live near Skyline Elementary School were asked to perform a "no-stone-unturned" search of their property.

"It would be very, very helpful to our process. If they find anything out of place, contact us through our tip line," Gates said.

Skyline School is located at 11536 NW Skyline Blvd. in a rural area of northwest Portland.

Deputies said they have been in communication with Kyron's family, but his father and stepmother did not wish to speak with media.

Anyone who may have any information on Kyron's whereabouts is asked to call 503-261-2847. He was last seen wearing a black T-shirt with the CSI logo on it. He is 3 feet 8 inches tall and 50 pounds with brown hair and blue eyes.
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 10:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
ForeverInLove
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 10:11 AM

I'm lost. Who is he?

ForeverInLove
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 10:11 AM

other than a lost kid?

karusso1965
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 10:12 AM

Quoting ForeverInLove:

I'm lost. Who is he?

LaDanseuse
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 10:13 AM

He disappeared from his school on Friday the 4th from the Portland area here in Oregon. It's really sad, there doesnt seem to be a trace of him. His backpack and coat were left in his classroom.

Quoting ForeverInLove:

I'm lost. Who is he?

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

oCyn
Oh god really??? :-(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
allurasmamma

He is the little boy that went missing from his school. He is 7. I will put more of the story up. He has been missing since last Friday.

Quoting karusso1965:

Quoting ForeverInLove:

I'm lost. Who is he?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)