Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Question for those of u who have pools!!

Posted by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 12:17 PM
  • 8 Replies

We have a 8 by 30 inch pool.  Holds about 700 gallons of water.  We don't have a pump for it!!  My dad thinks it's ok to ONLY use the shock stuff in it to clean it.  No chlorine, no alagecide, Mind u we DON"T have a pump!!    We have no testing strips for the pool.  He cleaned out what he could with a net!!

Would u let ur kids get in the pool?????

I don't think I will be letting mine in thier until a pump is used on it along with the chlorine, alagecide, and tested with the strips before hand!!

What do u think????

by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 12:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
candra186
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 12:24 PM

Definitely not... It needs a pump and chlorine. Or invest in one of those inflatable pools. They're about $100 and come with the pump and all the supplies needed for 1 summer..

SweetTea98
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 12:25 PM
I don't think it would be a problem on such a little pool...idk, mine is large and salt water..so I'm just guessing...
Sunshine201
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 12:37 PM

No... I wouldn't let them in it.. You really need a filter , The shock isn't to just pour in ans swim... It needs to circulate for a couple hours.And Algecide is only used when there is visable algae forming.But there are also other things to consider such as the PH level ...which if it is not within normal range it is not good to swim in...

Nanasmom03
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 1:17 PM


Quoting Sunshine201:

No... I wouldn't let them in it.. You really need a filter , The shock isn't to just pour in ans swim... It needs to circulate for a couple hours.And Algecide is only used when there is visable algae forming.But there are also other things to consider such as the PH level ...which if it is not within normal range it is not good to swim in...

I TRY TO TELL MY DAD THAT SHIT.   BUT, NO.  GET OVER UR O.C.D. AND LET THEM GET IN IT.  UM, NO.   WE DON'T EVEN KNOW WAT ANY OF THE LEVELS ARE IN THE POOL!!

THERE IS VISIBLE ALGAE ON HTE BOTTOM OF THE POOL.   IT'S ALL GREEN!!  YUCKY!!

bamababe1975
by Silver Member on Jun. 13, 2010 at 7:46 PM

With an 8x30, it's small enough that it's not necessary to worry about the chemical balance so much.

silvercrow
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 7:51 PM

i shock mine once a week and Keep a Chlorine floater in the books its a littler bigger than your it did have a pump untill someone ran it over with a lawn mower. I let them swim when the pool was greenish. the more they play and jump and splash the more it churns the water.. hasnt killed them yet

blsdbyangel07
by Ruby Member on Jun. 13, 2010 at 7:59 PM

Eh bumpity bump..

Amiss67
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 9:22 PM

I would just pour some chlorine in it every now and then...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)