Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Another post got me thinking...

Posted by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 2:38 PM
  • 16 Replies

How many of you had your hubby or SO in the delivery room with you? My husband was there for our first, but I would have been better off without him.  He didn't like one part about it.  But, it was about me and the baby, not him.  he stuck around.  My second he was there but stay by my head and off to the side.  My third, he stayed home and watched the two older ones and my friend came just in time to help me push the whole one minute it took. But, really missed him when the placenta wasn't coming out and things started to get serious.  Glad i had a good doc and before it turned really south, it came out. Now, this was like almost four years ago, but I still would have liked to have the dream delivery room scene that i played in my head when i was younger.  After the first, I knew that it would never happen.  I dont hold a grudge against him, but it saddens me that he wasn't there at that moment in our lives.  Four years later he is a great dad, still learning, but a great dad. :)

by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 2:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Kaelansmom
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 2:40 PM

DH had to be there.. (something about the doc ordering him LOL.. the doc outranked him...)

But, he did things that he though he wouldn't ahve been able to do (Touch Kael's head, watch him come out..) He even got attitude with the nurses when I started crying.. no pain, I was just tired and Kael was stuck...

If we were to have another.. he would be there..

SunnyJoJo
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 2:58 PM

My husband (now ex) was in the delivery room with me, as well as my mom. He wanted to be there, he wanted to be front row and center, and be as active with all of it as he could and of course I wanted him there as well. He was pretty awesome in that way. I would have been really sad if he hadn't been there with me.
And now he couldn't care less about her, not involved, nothing. Which is fine but it's kinda funny how he was so into being there to watch her be born and then she was old news after that.

If you want to view paradise, simply look around and view it.
Anything you want to, do it.
Want to change the world... There's nothing to it.

Dzyre1115
by Bronze Member on Jun. 13, 2010 at 3:01 PM

With my first he was not because my emergency c-section was too much of a close call for me and my son.  With the other two I had c-sections and he was there for both.

CoeyG
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 3:02 PM

My ex wasn't allowed in, I had an emergency C-Section.  They would have had to pick him off the OR floor if he went in.

amayabrianna
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 3:08 PM

My DH was there for both of mine, and will be for this one as well.

SweetTea98
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 3:10 PM
My dh delivered 2 of my 4, so yeah, he was fully involved..he wasn't my dh for the first 2 (whose biological father was there).
kltaylor07
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 3:13 PM
Mine was in there but he was hiding under a blanket in the corner behind my head! So, he was there physically but mentally I was on my own. I don't hold it against him though, I just know to let my mom be in there too this time around!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lohmggcjr
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 3:16 PM

phew, i thought i was gonna be alone on this one! lol. except for emergency C- section people.

Quoting kltaylor07:

Mine was in there but he was hiding under a blanket in the corner behind my head! So, he was there physically but mentally I was on my own. I don't hold it against him though, I just know to let my mom be in there too this time around!

lauriebash
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 3:20 PM

he was right there with me. With the 1st, he was eating his lunch in the delivery room!

toniojr1
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 3:28 PM
My babysfather was in the delivery room with me the entire time from when I first got to the hospital till I had my son then came the next day to spend the night with me because since I had a c section I had to stay 4 days
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)