Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do you react?

Posted by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 3:09 PM
  • 5 Replies

When your child says something, oh too honest, in public, to a stranger! lol  Do you apologize to the person, and tell your child, that it wasn't very nice......or do you ignore it, like nothing happened. Tell your stories!!! All children, are brutally honest...there should be some funny stories!! LMAO

by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 3:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
CoeyG
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 3:19 PM

While walking down the hall of the local Catholic school on our way to her Girl Scout meeting we passed one of the nuns in the hall  "That's one of those women dad calls penguins isn't it mom" she announced very loudly and yest sister herad (she looked at me and grinned) I simply explained that her father had used a derogatory remark about growing up Catholic and being forced to go to Catholic schools all his life and that it wasn't a very respectiable thing to say...I didn't admonish her as much as I did her father indirectly (and I called him on it when we got home)

VAMPLUVR3
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 3:19 PM

OMG!!! LMAO

Quoting CoeyG:

While walking down the hall of the local Catholic school on our way to her Girl Scout meeting we passed one of the nuns in the hall  "That's one of those women dad calls penguins isn't it mom" she announced very loudly and yest sister herad (she looked at me and grinned) I simply explained that her father had used a derogatory remark about growing up Catholic and being forced to go to Catholic schools all his life and that it wasn't a very respectiable thing to say...I didn't admonish her as much as I did her father indirectly (and I called him on it when we got home)

Teeshann
by Silver Member on Jun. 13, 2010 at 3:24 PM

haven't had one of those moments with my kids but my parents said we were at dinner and my little sister was sitting on my dad's lap and was leaning on the table and just looking at my grandma and told her "you're going to die" . (she smoked at the time).

VAMPLUVR3
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 3:26 PM

LOL!!! Kids are funny!!

Quoting Teeshann:

haven't had one of those moments with my kids but my parents said we were at dinner and my little sister was sitting on my dad's lap and was leaning on the table and just looking at my grandma and told her "you're going to die" . (she smoked at the time).

VAMPLUVR3
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 4:11 PM

I can't remember for sure, how old Lakyn was at the time, but I think she was about 4....anyways, she overheard me talking on the phone to a friend of mine about one of my co-workers. I was really pissed, I was telling my friend how I couldn't stand him, he's a jerk, and yadda yadda. The very next day, and I kid you not, I went to the bookstore, with Lakyn, and my co-worker was there!!! I don't know why, because he didn't live anywhere near me. Anyways, he walked up to me and said Hi, I said hi back, and I introduced Lakyn to him. And to my complete horror........she said, "oh that's the JERK"!! I said, Lakyn...don't say things like that. Then she said "that's what you said, you said he was a jerk". I said...."no I didn't", then she said "yes, you did mama. You said it last night on the phone". Ahhhhhhhhhh.....I was so embarrassed!! LOL

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)