Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

healthy meals that help with loosing weight for those on a budget

Posted by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 6:37 PM
  • 7 Replies

any idea's? im looking to loose some weight im non a budget and i need some ideas of healthy meals to plan so i can get them when i go grocery shopping tuesday

by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 6:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Super-mom-me
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 6:52 PM

Bump, I need to lose 3 babies worth of fat...

Only thing I'm doing is drinking alot of water with lemon.  I try to drink water instead of eating because sometimes we mistake thirst for hunger.  If I am still hungry after a few big gulps, then I try to eat a sensible snack.

mommam58122
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 7:38 PM

thanks ladies i will try those here is a bump for anyone else who has any tip

HurleyMom25
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 8:25 PM

What a good friend once told me was drink a lot of water before a meal, and you will feel fuller sooner. She also said that her sister used to take fiber pills and they helped... not too sure haven't tried that one yet. I'm still trying to find something that works with a small budget too. Here is another bump!

sunshine86912
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 8:42 PM

south beach diet is a great diet..but it is a little pricey to start with because there are a lot of seasonings and fresh veggies you will need to buy..but it works wonders!  I have lost about 30 lbs over the course of a year and a half so it works!  its a life style change though, not just a diet.

Super-mom-me
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 8:46 PM

Veggitarians had to come up with some neat ideas ti achieve a well balenced diet...and incorporating some those ideas might cut down on your meat budget.

And I'm yet to meet a big vegitarian, they are all skinny!!!!

sunshine86912
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 8:48 PM

i started out a big vegaterian! lol but i did lose a lot of weight that way as well lots and lots of salads!

Quoting Super-mom-me:

Veggitarians had to come up with some neat ideas ti achieve a well balenced diet...and incorporating some those ideas might cut down on your meat budget.

Super-mom-me
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 9:09 PM

We are huge meat eaters in my household, but I've been wanting to try a vegitarian main dish and put something like grilled chicken on top... Light, cheap, tasty, packed with vits and mins.

Quoting sunshine86912:

i started out a big vegaterian! lol but i did lose a lot of weight that way as well lots and lots of salads!

Quoting Super-mom-me:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)