Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anyone from New Mexico ??

Posted by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 7:04 PM
  • 6 Replies

Dh and I have decided that we should move out of Rhode Island . We have done a lot of research on New Mexico and it seems like where we want to raise our family . We've decided to rent for a year before we make a permanent decision , also we have not been there yet . That trip is planned for April . I would like to know the pros and cons and any areas we should avoid ... Any info is appreciated !!

Thanks Ladies !!!!

by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 7:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
franklynnsmom
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 10:54 PM

I live in Farmington New Mexico....If you like dirt and rocks then New Mexico is the place for you. We do have some nice Lakes for summer camping, a place up north of Sante Fe for sking and snowboarding in the winter.

manzano89
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 11:15 PM

I live in Albuquerque, New Mexico and have my whole life.  I love it.  We get some snow in the winter, some heat in the summer but nothing over-much of either.  There is lots to do here.  I hope you like it!  Please PM me if you have any questions.

Gal51
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 11:25 PM

Born and raised in Albuquerque. Generally speaking I HAVE loved it, but it seems to be getting to big for its britches.

Pros

Whether is GREAT!

Lots to do!

People are generally nice, though there are parts of town to stay away from, especially if you are white. (Sad but none the less true)

Cons

School system sucks! Plan to put your kids in private school or homeschool.

As I stated earlier, if you are white, there are areas of town to stay from ... the SW quadrant of the city.

We do live in a near constant drought, which you get used to, but it requires being water conscience, and living with more brown than green.

That's a start for you anyway ... if you have questions, pop them off here and I can answer them as best I can.

LiesLiesLies
by on Jun. 14, 2010 at 1:02 PM

Just drove thru there...I would never live there. 110 degrees...no thanks!

crystal626rose
by on Jun. 15, 2010 at 6:47 AM

Thanks Ladies !!! We are still searching ,but it is definately an option for us. Dh is looking for jobs in a few states so we'll see how it goes .

ToxicIrishLove
by on Jun. 15, 2010 at 6:51 AM
I have family living in Albuquerque. They say its awesome. Good schools,doctors and people. I wanna move there I hate Texas!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)