Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Dental Assistance for the Disabled?

Posted by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 9:53 PM
  • 6 Replies

Does anyone know what I can do for my MIL?  She doesn't want to be around my son because she has been extremely poor and disabled most of her life, and now her teeth are atrocious and they cause her excruciating pain - and I'll bet 'cha they're responsible for some of the other health problems she's having right now...  She's appauled about her appearance.   I feel so sorry for her! 

DH and I can't afford to help her - but we're going to try to pay for an initial visit at our dentist.  Maybe he'll have pity and let her pay him 10 bucks a month (that she can't afford!) for the rest of her life.  Anyone got a better idea 

Maybe Obama's Healthcare plan might be the perfect thing for a person like her - if we can hold off a while.  What do you think?  ;}

by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 9:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
sarahbearamommy
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 9:57 PM

is she on medicare or like ssi or anything? the people i care for with work are disabled and are on gateway with medicare and it is covered.  if she is on any sort of health plan have her call and see if its covered at certain dentists.

bakebiscotti
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 10:01 PM

Oh, I know how expensive dental care can be.   I think that each state and city are different in the services they offer.  Unfortunately, eye care and dental care are so difficult obtain for anyone that can't afford to play it outright

LancesMom
by Silver Member on Jun. 14, 2010 at 8:23 PM

It would probably be cheaper for her to get dentures, than to repair her teeth now. They do have dental assistant you can apply for. Ask your dentist.

Elyce225
by on Jun. 14, 2010 at 8:26 PM

Cry! No joke get on the phone with the office and give them the biggest sob story ever and they will take a % off and will allow low monthly payments.

tericared
by on Jun. 14, 2010 at 10:11 PM

I have Medicare and general dental care is not covered....A sad thing we live in one of the riches countries in the world and we have people walking around {like me} with broken teeth and infections.....I was able to find a discount thing for my oldest who has no insurance,,here is the link...

https://www.dentalplans.com/index.asp

If you use this number if you decide to get my kid gets an extra month added on her plan..69P85T66

sharebearII
by on Jun. 15, 2010 at 3:52 PM

Quoting tericared:

I have Medicare and general dental care is not covered....A sad thing we live in one of the riches countries in the world and we have people walking around {like me} with broken teeth and infections.....I was able to find a discount thing for my oldest who has no insurance,,here is the link...

https://www.dentalplans.com/index.asp

If you use this number if you decide to get my kid gets an extra month added on her plan..69P85T66

Thanks Terica!!!   I'll try this, and will definitely use the number so that your kid gets the credit.

Yeah, she's on Medicare/Medicaid and they don't cover any dentistry unless it's an emergency extraction or something - or you're pregnant.  Nice huh?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)