Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

idea for orange room?

Posted by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 10:29 PM
  • 6 Replies

we just bought a house (sign the papers TUESDAY! ahh omg) but anyways...the playroom is orange and I dont like it, but we wont be able to afford to repaint until tax time so I want to try and theme the room (cheaply) somehow to go with the orange.  it is the playroom/bonus room.  heres a pic, I just stole it from online, havent taken my own photos of the house yet.

by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 10:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
jillbailey26
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 10:31 PM

You could add blues and whites

Yellows and reds

Pretty much almost any color would go, maybe except purple and green.  Even then I'm sure you could find a way for it to work, lol.

"Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification"  Romans 14:19

sunshine86912
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 10:32 PM

I am not very artistic so I was thinking some kind of wall stickers?  the dollar store has them..my girls have them  on their walls now

Quoting jillbailey26:

You could add blues and whites

Yellows and reds

Pretty much almost any color would go, maybe except purple and green.  Even then I'm sure you could find a way for it to work, lol.

tyra618
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 10:34 PM

You can maybe get cheap paint at wal mart.  (I used to work there).  People will have it mixed and bring it home and not like it so they bring it back and it sits on the bottom shelf in the hardware section.  The colors will be on the top..  Maybe get a few different colors and do one wall one color and another wall a different color.  I don't know what goes with orange so aside from painting it sooner rather then later you might just have to deal with it and hang the kids drawings on the wall. 

caterpilar
by Member on Jun. 13, 2010 at 10:40 PM

Congratulations on the house! I like these wall decals from Land of Nod. :-)

http://www.landofnod.com/family.aspx?c=9676&f=6820

sunshine86912
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 10:43 PM

I will have to check at our walmart and just keep an eye on the paints  I was thinking maybe sunflower theme?

sunshine86912
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 10:44 PM

I think I have seen this site before, I love this stuff!

Quoting caterpilar:

Congratulations on the house! I like these wall decals from Land of Nod. :-)

http://www.landofnod.com/family.aspx?c=9676&f=6820

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)