Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Recipe for Stuffed Peppers

Posted by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 11:04 PM
  • 10 Replies

Does anyone have a recipe for stuffed peppers? I had one but lost it and can't remember it for nothing.

by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 11:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sunshine86912
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 11:06 PM

we just brown the hamburger and then mix it with cream of mushroom soup and fill the peppers and bake them. simple but yummy.  oh and my husband likes rice, so he does cook some rice and mix that with his..but he only likes white rice..and i dont eat white rice lol

college.mom
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 11:06 PM

I fry sausage make rice, and throw them in the peppers and cook for an hour.  I dont use a recipe, but I can google one for you.

dustinsmommy74
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 11:34 PM

Both of these look good. The one I had, had a sauce on it and I can't remember if it was tomato sauce are something else.

amazingaudri
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 11:43 PM

My Fav!

Mexican stuffed bell peppers

• 4 Medium green, red, and/or yellow sweet peppers
  • 1 pound Lean ground beef or ground pork
  • 1 16-ounce Jar black bean salsa or chunky salsa
  • 1 cup Instant white rice
  • 6 ounces Monterey Jack cheese with jalapeno chile peppers or Monterey Jack cheese, shredded (1 1/2 cups)
  • 1 cup Water

1. Remove tops of sweet peppers; scoop out membranes and seeds. Set peppers aside. For filling, in a large skillet cook meat until brown; drain off fat. Stir salsa, the uncooked rice, and 1 cup of the cheese into meat in skillet. Spoon filling into peppers, mounding tops as needed. Cover and refrigerate remaining cheese until peppers are ready to serve.

2. Pour the water into a 4 1/2- to 5- quarter slow cooker. Arrange stuffed peppers, filling sides up, in slow cooker.

3. Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 6 to 7 hours or on high-heat setting for 3 to 3 1/2 hours.

4. Transfer stuffed peppers to serving platter. Top with remaining 1/2 cup of the cheese.

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

dustinsmommy74
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 11:56 PM

Quoting amazingaudri:

My Fav!

Mexican stuffed bell peppers

• 4 Medium green, red, and/or yellow sweet peppers
  • 1 pound Lean ground beef or ground pork
  • 1 16-ounce Jar black bean salsa or chunky salsa
  • 1 cup Instant white rice
  • 6 ounces Monterey Jack cheese with jalapeno chile peppers or Monterey Jack cheese, shredded (1 1/2 cups)
  • 1 cup Water

1. Remove tops of sweet peppers; scoop out membranes and seeds. Set peppers aside. For filling, in a large skillet cook meat until brown; drain off fat. Stir salsa, the uncooked rice, and 1 cup of the cheese into meat in skillet. Spoon filling into peppers, mounding tops as needed. Cover and refrigerate remaining cheese until peppers are ready to serve.

2. Pour the water into a 4 1/2- to 5- quarter slow cooker. Arrange stuffed peppers, filling sides up, in slow cooker.

3. Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 6 to 7 hours or on high-heat setting for 3 to 3 1/2 hours.

4. Transfer stuffed peppers to serving platter. Top with remaining 1/2 cup of the cheese.

This sounds good. I will try it for sure.

stressed1172
by on Jun. 14, 2010 at 9:34 AM

Well it's really pretty basic. All I do is fry up the ground beef with a bit of onion and cook the rice and then mix the 2 of them together. Then I cut open the peppers and take out the seeds of  course and stuff the peppers with the meat and rice. Then I put a bit of tomato sauce in the crock pot and then put the peppers in and sometimes you can top them with some shreadded cheese if you like but I don't generally do that though and put them in the crock pot and pour some more tomato sauce over them and put them on low and let them go for a while till the peppers feel soft and done. Then I like to serve them with some butter bread and some apple sauce and maybe some corn or something too. That's all I do for stuffed peppers. You can look on several websites to get other recipes if you like or check crock pot moms if you are a member there. Hope I was able to help you out some.

dustinsmommy74
by on Jun. 14, 2010 at 11:36 AM

Quoting stressed1172:

Well it's really pretty basic. All I do is fry up the ground beef with a bit of onion and cook the rice and then mix the 2 of them together. Then I cut open the peppers and take out the seeds of  course and stuff the peppers with the meat and rice. Then I put a bit of tomato sauce in the crock pot and then put the peppers in and sometimes you can top them with some shreadded cheese if you like but I don't generally do that though and put them in the crock pot and pour some more tomato sauce over them and put them on low and let them go for a while till the peppers feel soft and done. Then I like to serve them with some butter bread and some apple sauce and maybe some corn or something too. That's all I do for stuffed peppers. You can look on several websites to get other recipes if you like or check crock pot moms if you are a member there. Hope I was able to help you out some.

Thank you and I have never thought of putting them in the crock pot. I'll have to try this and crock pot moms.

jojuzach
by on Jun. 14, 2010 at 3:44 PM

I usually mix a tomato sauce/spaghetti sauce in with my meat and rice mixture, and set them in more sauce while baking. Have never tried the crookpot route, but will definitely try it, as I don't always feel like cooking when I get home and I never know what time I will get home.

glitterteaz
by on Jun. 14, 2010 at 3:46 PM

stoffers in the frozen section of your local grocer :D

dustinsmommy74
by on Jun. 15, 2010 at 10:31 AM

Quoting glitterteaz:

stoffers in the frozen section of your local grocer :D

Have that in the freezer. Lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)