Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Cellulitis PIOG

Posted by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 11:28 PM
  • 4 Replies

Anyone ever have cellulitis?  I have it for the second time on my left shin.  This time it's been much worse, the infection wrapped itself around my while lower leg.  So two trips to the ER, IV antibiotics and two weeks worth of oral antibiotics later I am finally recovering( I think)  I had to go today and fill my second prescription for pain meds. 

If you've had it, where did you have it and how long did it take you to recover?  I'm going into my second week now.

by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 11:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
CoeyG
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 11:36 PM

I have heard of it though I've never had it, it's a bacterial skin infection.  I understand that the most common place for it to appear is the legs and arms.  You can google it and get many sites that explain the infection, as well as diagnosis and progrnosis. 

petalhopper
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 11:37 PM

i've never had it but I've cared for many that have had it and it can last for a verrrrryyy long time, can recur and you can get cellulitis pretty much anywhere. Not fun! I'm sorry that is happening to you! Just follow all the care instructions and take all your meds. Hope you feel better.

samthecat001
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 11:37 PM

i did... but it progressed into a second stage or something.  i had to have emergency surgery and was literally hours away from partial amputation of my hand.

YourMyTrouble
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 11:40 PM
I had it after I had my csection it took me over three months but I became spetsis after having him
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)