Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I think I'm depressed...

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 1:22 AM
  • 15 Replies
I hear the commercials about depression medication, and at first I didn't think much about it. But now it's making me think that maybe not all people feel like I do right now. I don't cry all day, so I didn't think I was depressed, but I'm not as peppy and happy as I used to be, I'm tired and never want to get out of bed, I get all teary at everything, and don't really "enjoy" things like I used to. But I'm not the typical (if there even is a typical) depressed woman, I don't walk around moping or anything like that.., idk what I'm really asking about here. Anyone here suffer from depression? Your thoughts?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 1:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Umm__Rashid
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 1:30 AM

I've delt with depression but I'm currently dealing with thyroid issues. Both thyroid and depression are quite treatable.  get your thyroid levels checked if that's normal then seek therapy and maybe meds. the important thing is if you are having a hard time dont keep it to yourself and let it get worse.

tericared
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 1:31 AM

Do you have a doctor that you can go to?

Umm__Rashid
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 1:33 AM

oh what I left out is low thyroid can cause depression

WesAndNicksMom
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 1:37 AM
i'm not the typical depressed person either. i just don't play my guitar anymore and i'm tired all the time and i'm pretty quick to snap into a pissy mood. there are different levels of depression (and i don't feel the need to medicate) but it's still depression. i know i'm depressed and i try to do things to help myself like taking a nap in the pool or sending the kids off so i can have some quiet at night :)
momof3jam
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 1:40 AM
I'm on public aid insurance. I don't think I can ask them to test me for things like that, I'm not sure.

Quoting Umm__Rashid:

I've delt with depression but I'm currently dealing with thyroid issues. Both thyroid and depression are quite treatable.  get your thyroid levels checked if that's normal then seek therapy and maybe meds. the important thing is if you are having a hard time dont keep it to yourself and let it get worse.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momof3jam
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 1:42 AM
I'm concerned with getting medically labeled as depressed- you always see that come back and bite people. Idk I guess I have a hard time accepting that some part of me could be considered "broken".

Quoting tericared:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tericared
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 2:11 AM

Quoting momof3jam:

I'm concerned with getting medically labeled as depressed- you always see that come back and bite people. Idk I guess I have a hard time accepting that some part of me could be considered "broken".

Quoting tericared:

Maybe you could start off by just saying you are tired, you have no energy..... Low iron could be a good place to start....

vallchick
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 4:22 AM

So don't tell anyone. It's personal. I have been to counselling a few times in my life. And had depression a few times. I am harley broken. I am human. And so are you. You can live with the sadness or you can try to do something to make it better. Don't stay 'broken'. Get 'fixed'. HUG.

Quoting momof3jam:

Quoting tericared:

tatar
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 5:52 AM

vitamin b complex is a brain booster, stress/fatigue reliever and energy booster. You'd see the difference in one day:)

tatar
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 5:53 AM

I agree too to have your thyroid checked. I think It'll be covered if you have a low cost insurance.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)