• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Baby Book

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 10:20 AM
  • 5 Replies

Up until a few years ago I still had my baby book. My cousin stole it since then. I miss it much. It had some of my baby hair in it and everything ):

So, do you all still do baby books? Did you do them for all your babies or just the first? What kind of keep sakes did you put in there?

by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 10:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
lilblufrog
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 10:27 AM

My mom didn't do one for us, there are 6 of us. I started one for my DD but I went back to work 3 weeks after my c-section and didn't have time. I still have it though, it's just not done. DD is 31 months now.

momof3jam
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 10:34 AM
What?!? Why did she steal it?? (sorry if that has already been covered, I haven't read all the replies yet)

As far as my kids, I have books for all of them. My first was my center of attention. I have documented every breathing moment in his book. Up until maybe age 2, then it dwindle off to marking it down every so often when I got a chance. He's 8 now, so I have some catching up to do lol!! I kept his hair, tons of pictures, all his stuff from the hospital, the bandaids from his shots, lined up on the notes page with notes of the dates, the first eyelash he lost (you're supposed to make a wish when you find a loved ones eyelash), his footprints (I used one for a tattoo), his first drawing, and pictures of him holding bigger drawings that wouldn't fit in the book, pictures of his first shoes (since they wouldn't fit eithe), and I'm not sure what else offhand.

With DD I still did the book religiously. I was able to BF this time, so I added that chart they have you fill out about feedings and diapers, and a few other random things, but I didn't keep up with it as much. She's 3, and to be honest, I haven't looked at it since she turned 1...

DS2's book is lacking even more. He's 1 1/2 and I havent looked at it since he was maybe 8 months. Now I kinda have to look back and guess on some of the dates lol.

Oh and I kept their hats from the hospital and first outfits. My sons book is bursting at the seams lol!

I think the older they get, or the mor you have, the less time you spend on them. You realize that experiencing those moments is more important than running and marking them down. I'll never forget those moments, so looking back at the dates won't mean much later. You could always start a new baby book- it's never too late.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
allurasmamma
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 11:15 AM

My cousin  WACK! Her and I never got along from childhood because she said a bunch of lies about me. She is a compulsive liar. But one day i called my whole family to help me move. I had one day left on the lease and was way behind. Well, no one could come. So I was back and forth in a car doing it myself. The place i was moving into was 3 blocks away. Well, the last trip was all my important stuff. My pictures, baby books, My baby book. And the things my grandmother gave me and DD of hers before she died.  Well, I had decided to take a break and stop at Micky D's to eat. In the 15 min i was gone I guess my cousin and aunt went to my house and took the rest of my stuff. I called them for weeks after the landlord told me it was them. no answer. They had gone through all my stuff and took what they wanted out and did gawd knows what with the rest. A year had past and I seen them. We started getting along. she told me she had my stuff but it was in storage. We started getting along at this point. I even through her a couple thousand dollar baby shower. She started giving me a few things back at a time. Little shit like candles and a big Buddha that was me paps. He dies when I was 8. But he gave me his Buddha because I loved it dearly. They day we were suppose to go to the storage unit, I heard she had my stuff for sell at her yard sale. So I called her. It lead to this huge fight. Pretty basically I wasn't getting my stuff back.

I am cutting my loses at this point. I am very upset about my stuff but I just want her out of my world rather than keep trying to get it.

bamababe1975
by Silver Member on Jun. 26, 2010 at 2:09 PM

Who steals someone else's baby book? That's just nuts.

momof3jam
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 4:07 PM
What a b*tch! You're better off without her in your (and your child's) life.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)