Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Safe leg hair removal for kids

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 10:48 AM
  • 47 Replies

OK so I have posted about this before, but can't find the thread.  My 8 yr old daughter has been conscious of her leg hair for some time now.  I have so far been able to put her off since she is blond and it hasn't been that noticeable.  But on the way to town yesterday she says "Mom, the hair isn't really blending in anymore..".  I looked and sure enough, some of it is turning darker.  School is coming up soon (she will be in 3rd grade), and although it still seems to young to me for her to start shaving, I told her I would try to find another solution for her.  I don't want her to be self-conscious or embarrassed about it.  There must be some kind of hair removal cream or something?  Anybody been here/done that with their girls?  Any suggestions?

Ps. She started wearing deodorant this summer for the first time too..

Thanks  :)

by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 10:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
wilesmomma
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 10:50 AM
Idk I started shaving at 9
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DessC
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 10:50 AM

Dunno but here is a bump for you!

mandaa0986
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 10:52 AM

bump!

mrsmoore02
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 10:53 AM

IDK.  Maybe Nair for sensitive skin?

heidi37217
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 10:54 AM

My daughter uses Veet for sensitive skin. She has jet black hairs and she is VERY self -conscious about it.

lilblufrog
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 10:55 AM

Veet!

peasntatersmom
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 10:57 AM

Quoting heidi37217:

My daughter uses Veet for sensitive skin. She has jet black hairs and she is VERY self -conscious about it.

Thanks!  I will look into that!

Alison_C
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 11:01 AM

I don't know. I didn't worry about that stuff until middle school, and I hope it goes the same way with my daughter.

I know it's a self esteem thing, but I'd still tell her no. There's other ways to help her feel good about herself. That's just my opinion though, not try to be rude. I wouldn't shake my head at a little girl with hairless legs.

glitterteaz
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 11:01 AM

we used sally hansens hair removal cream (we were allergic to the others!

heidi37217
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 11:03 AM

I just wanted to tell you that we did try Nair for sensitive skin and it burned her skin. She has eczema so that could have been the reason for the burns.

Quoting peasntatersmom:

Quoting heidi37217:

Thanks!  I will look into that!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)