Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

They get older

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 11:45 AM
  • 5 Replies

Here's the deal. They grow up. If you didn't sit on the floor playing puzzles, or if you didn't take a walk along the beach and collect shells, your time runs out eventually on these kinds of things, and they grow older. They get on the phone and they push you away. They spend the night at homes you have no idea about. They get invited to do things you hope they will say no to.

So, despite the money troubles or the extra 20 you are carrying, or despite the laundry piled high forever, stop. Stop and get on the floor and do the puzzle. Go out there for that walk or take that ride together alone. 

Eventually he or she is packing boxes for college or for the army, or whatever. She will pack one of the little stuffed animals, but most will stay there in the room and when you go in there to open a window, or sweep, she is gone now.

And so is all the time you could have had with her.

She is a gift and so are you; enjoy the sweetness and simplicity of that.

by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 11:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
p88hbear
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 11:50 AM

Just because they grow up doesn't mean they are gone.  My eldest was interviewing with a college yesterday that is over 1600 miles away... do you know what she did the minute she was done?  She called her mommy!  Yes, she was there with her grandparents and her little sister but she wanted her mommy to hear all about it first.

While the writing of this post was beautiful, the message is not true - they are always there, just as we are, full of unconditional love and that is the sweetness of it all.

joann567
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 11:50 AM

i like that,that is true they grow up fast so don't let it pass by without getting a chance to spend with them.

Brianav
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 11:52 AM
So true. They are only children once...and the time goes by too fast:(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
graciebsgranny
by Member on Jun. 26, 2010 at 11:53 AM

A piece of advice to those of ya'll with small children, trust me when I tell you this, you will truly enjoy every stage of their life no matter what age they are, You find that you grow with them, and you'll enjoy the adolescent years, the teenage years, the adult years. They all have their perks, and all ages they still love mommy and mommy still loves them!!

nikkiJ86
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 12:10 PM

Was this supposed to be a response to a post? Either way, it is great advice.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)