Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

DD got a boo boo yesterday ):

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 1:44 PM
  • 6 Replies

My Dad was doing the dishes. And like usual Allura wanted to help. So, she pulled a chair over to the sink and helped. Well, she tried to get up closer and got stuck in the chair!  Her leg was bent like with your calf touching her thigh. It was bent and her knee got stuck at the top of the chair. We almost had to call the fire dept to come cut her out of the chair. She was so afraid. I was very afraid also. I had to hold her up to keep the weight off her leg. Her knee was jammed so tight in the chair, I couldn't even pry them open a bit for her to get out. She kept screaming hurt me hurt me. and it hurt me too. Seeing your child stuck like that was so hard to do.

My Dad ran to the basement and got our hack saw. It was so scary. I had to hold her up off the chair while he was sawing. I was afraid he was going to accidentally cut her, he didn't of course, but everything runs though your mind...ya know.

Here is the pix I took after it happened. Poor lil thing. She kept yelling stuck stuck.

She was so happy to be saved.

Awe, my poor lil girl. Pap pap save you. (:

She was bck to her normal minutes after, but boy, what a scare.

by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 1:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
momof3jam
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 1:48 PM
I know how you feel!! DD got her headstuck between the 2 metal railings on our stairs, but we had no idea how to her out - we didn't have anything to cut through metal, and it was too hard to pull. Dh and I were pulling the railings in different directions until she finally got out. She was freaking out and crying and I was panicking but had to act calm. Good job and quick thinking with the hacksaw!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommam58122
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 1:50 PM

aww poor baby glad it wasnt any worse than that

p88hbear
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 2:22 PM

Isn't it amazing how they can slip through things so easily but never seem to slip back out!  Makes you wonder how they fit in there to begin with.  Glad she's alright and the only thing damaged with the chair.

bamababe1975
by Silver Member on Jun. 26, 2010 at 2:46 PM

That sucks, but glad she's okay!

allurasmamma
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 5:11 PM

That is so scary. I just stayed calm ands she was relatively calm. I asked her questions. And kept her mind off the chair. My poor baby.

Quoting momof3jam:

I know how you feel!! DD got her headstuck between the 2 metal railings on our stairs, but we had no idea how to her out - we didn't have anything to cut through metal, and it was too hard to pull. Dh and I were pulling the railings in different directions until she finally got out. She was freaking out and crying and I was panicking but had to act calm. Good job and quick thinking with the hacksaw!!

allurasmamma
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 5:12 PM

Yeah I know. Her  leg was red for like 20 min. it didn't even bruise or anything. Bet she won't do that again...ever.

Quoting mommam58122:

aww poor baby glad it wasnt any worse than that

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)