Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Which wedding? PIOG

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 5:30 PM
  • 5 Replies

Poll

Question: Which wedding should I attend?

Options:

Jasmine

Mallori

Other (just because)

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 4

View Results

So, I know 2 people getting married the same day. I don't think I can make it to both so I have to choose. Here is some info:

Jasmine-I met Jasmine a few months before I met hubby (so 8 years ago). We were actually on a double date when I met hubby. We became close friends and did a lot together. We even when to each other's church once in a while. Then we got into a fight over something silly (not boys) and stopped speaking. Recently we have reconnected and have hung out a few times. I am even going to her DD's birthday party tomorrow. She just set the date for her wedding last week.

Mallori- Mallori is Earle's childhood friend's fiance. We met about 5 years ago when Earle and his friend reconnected. We hung out a few times and I got her a position at my job. We started hanging out more. Then she got a full time job somewhere else so we didn't talk as much but still communicated sometimes. Earle is going to be in their wedding and they set the date a year ago BUT I don't know them as well as Jasmine.

I have been helping Jasmine with her wedding but Earle is in Mallori's wedding. Do I have to be at a wedding my hubby is in?

by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 5:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
NewMommYat16
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 5:41 PM

Is there any way to make them both???

jaynemarie086
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 6:12 PM

That's a tough one. Techinically, I think the "fair" thing to do is go to the one you got invited to first. However, if it would hurt you to not see your friend walk down the aisle then I would suggest going to different weddings. We have friends who did that for ours, it wasn't a big deal to us or them.

LancesMom
by Silver Member on Jun. 26, 2010 at 8:34 PM

Can you go to Jasmines wedding and Mallori's reception?

Zanny
by Bronze Member on Jun. 26, 2010 at 8:39 PM

Whose wedding were you invited to first??? I'm going to guess Mallori.. Plus, your Husband is IN the wedding!!

I was going to tell you to just go to Mallori's, because I am biased.. My daughter is also a Mallory... But really, Emily Post would tell you to go to the one you were invited to first, and also the one your husband is in......

EireLass
by Ruby Member on Jun. 26, 2010 at 9:13 PM

I think this is one of those acceptable times where you can split up and each attend one. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)