• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

does ur s/o help?

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 6:26 PM
  • 19 Replies
So i am very curious to know what evry1`s s/o does as far as....... providing....help with the househould........helping with the kids.....
Is it ok for a man to help around the house...n change diapers...or is it ur job?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 6:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mama_2_jasper
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 6:30 PM

Mine is a SAHD! He does it all! lol. I am not gone ALL the time, but when I work, he is home with DS, who is 19 months btw, and he cleans, cooks (usually not what I want to eat, I'm a vegetarian, but he does cook) . When I am home we share duties.

momof3jam
Dh is gone 11 hours a day, but that doesn't get him out of anything. I wash dishes, he washes pots and pans. He takes care of the lawn, and we have equal childcare duties, we split up kids rooms to keep clean. Other than that, I do most of the rest, but ask for help when I need it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LyTe684
He put 50% into making DS. He WILL put 100% into taking care if him. And that means 50/50 on everything. Hell if he could have taken 50% of the pain i went through to get him here, id give him that too!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Forget-me-not
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 6:31 PM
My dh works from home and does about 50% of everything except he gets up with the kids in the mornings so I can sleep in for and hour or two and I get up all night with the baby.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bonitamomma3
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 6:34 PM

Lately he has been in a crappy mood and gives me attitude when I ask him to do something so lately I have been doing it all.  However, that is not what it's like all the time.  Most of the time he helps with everything.  Just not the last week or so :(

lucky2Beeme
by Silver Member on Jun. 26, 2010 at 6:36 PM

My husband changed diapers,did dishes, washed floors,changed sheets.whatever needed doing. We both love a clean orderly house. We both work and keep  house.

crazymama0286
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 6:40 PM

I would love my DH to help around the house but he's a lazy but. He works 40 hours a week I work around 20 but I have to do all the house work and taking care of the kids and I buy groceries. He helps a little tiny bit but not much. He just bitches about the things I can't get done instead of helping me.

mippymay77
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 6:40 PM

My DH has agreed to : take out the trash every night before bed so I start fresh in the morning and take all cans to curb on trash day, he washes after dinner dishes but only if I have washed all the daytime dishes by the time he gets home,and he is responsible for keepin up the yardwork. Sometimes he may do some laundry, and he is the official Sunday morning chef for the whole family. I keep a "honey do" list for him but he chooses not to look at it on a regular basis so it can get pretty long. And best of all he takes all 3 kids on Saturday afternoons so I can have quiet time all to myself. As far as the kid work, he changes as many diapers as I do and is a master of bath time. in love

fallenfey22
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 6:42 PM

It is my job to take care of the house and baby...but if ask for help he has no problem helping me. :)

JEANLISE08
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 7:26 PM
Lol..we are in the same boat...

Quoting crazymama0286:

I would love my DH to help around the house but he's a lazy but. He works 40 hours a week I work around 20 but I have to do all the house work and taking care of the kids and I buy groceries. He helps a little tiny bit but not much. He just bitches about the things I can't get done instead of helping me.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)