Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is it just me or....

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 10:13 PM
  • 13 Replies

Does housework really suck?  lol  I'm so tired of round after round of dishes, day after day.  You do the dishes and guess what?  You've got more to do tomorrow!  Laundry?  Same story.  I want a cleaning lady.  Who is with me?  lol

Because I know you're out there, no I'm not a lazy piece of trash that wants to sit around all day.  My house is clean, stays clean and I like it that way.  Counters are clear, stove is scrubbed, toilet has been "exfoliated" thoroughly.  The carpets are vacuumed, the curtains, picture frames, TV, books and shelves are all dusted and clothes that aren't currently washing, folded and put away.  Dinner has been cleaned up after and dishwasher is running.  I just get tired of the constant ring of the same crap, different day every so often and I'm sure there are others out there, too.

blowing kisses

by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 10:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
linnymichlle
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 10:16 PM

omg u are sooo not alone!!!! I love my house to be clean but Iam tired of being the one to worry about ...always havin to do dishes ....I still have TONS of laundry to be put away!!!! soooo hard to keep up!

magenl
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 10:18 PM
Yes! It's like wash dishes, go vacuum, come back and dishes are piled up again!
But now I don't mind cuz hubbys deployed and it gives me something to do :D
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
toniojr1
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 10:18 PM
Same here I get tired it seems like right after I wash the dishes there dirty again by the next morning and same for sweeping. But I try to just hurry up and do it and not think of it lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tericared
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 10:19 PM

I so appreciate my 20 year old,,,she is the dish washer and the clothes washer, the 8 yr old and I split the other stuff...

silvercrow
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 10:20 PM

Try doing it for 7 people and 6 dont like cleaning

AutymsMommy
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 10:20 PM

Lol, I love cleaning... but I'm an oddity :o) My husband tells me often that I am weird. There is something strangely relaxing about turning on the radio and doing the dishes, or having my one year old "help" me fold laundry :o)

I am a Private School sending, Vaccinating, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Homework Helping, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Academic pushing Mother. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it raising my child - I will do that, Thank You. I believe that a woman's place is in the home taking care of her house, children and husband. I am submissive and proud, my husband is head of my home. I am a proud, traditional Roman Catholic, as is my husband... Yes we are teaching our children that The Church is the only Church.               Aimee

Lil_ol_me9306
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 10:22 PM

Quoting silvercrow:

Try doing it for 7 people and 6 dont like cleaning

Ugg!  I knew I had my tubes tied and divorced my ex for a reason!  lol

jmetz4
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 10:40 PM

I like cleaning but sometimes i get in those moods (the dont mess with me moods) and don't want to do it anymore. Or I get over whelmed. Like this past week since all our stuff got here on fathers day and I have been unpacking and putting things away, I am just tired of it. Our new friends out here come over and marvel at how nice the house looks and say it doesn't look like a 2 year old lives here at first glance but I still think its a mess. I'm just tired...

sharebearII
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 10:44 PM

I get so tired of the DISHES!   When does it ever stop???   UGGGGGHHHH!!!!

dustinsmommy74
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 10:46 PM

I don't much mind any of it. It just gets old at times.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)