Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

if you ever found out that your dd's agreed to a pregnancy pact with friends

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 11:23 PM
  • 28 Replies

how would you react? would u be mad that she on purposely got pregnant? im saying if this happend in highschool not after being married. would u want them to marry the baby's father?

for me i would have to say i think i would be mad if i found out that she made a pact to get pregnant. and if the father was her boyfriend then i wouldnt necessarly want her to get married to him right away but i would want him to remain in her life and help with the baby.  i wouldnt want my child to get pregnant in highschool to begin with but i wouldnt want her getting married to the babies daddy just because she got preggo either, dont get me wrong i love dh more than anything but sometimes when we fight i feel like we only got married because i got preggo and he joined the army and sometimes i feel we only got married because of having a baby but i know its not true because if that was i think honestly i would have left him by now and given up whenever we had a fight.  oh and if anyone is curious i thought of this because i rewatched the pregnancy pact since it was on my dvr lol

by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 11:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MovalMomsADMIN
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 11:24 PM

i would be mad... thats a stupid reason to get preg.. i mean i would have rather it been an accident although the outcome is the same... lol

jojuzach
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 9:33 AM

I would be hopping mad, at her but moreso at myself, wondering where I went wrong. Wondering what I should have done to make her realize that she was a stronger person and someone who felt loved and cared for enough to not want to join the gang and do as they all did. Nor would I want her to marry someone who may have been tricked into the situation.

-xoxo-
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 9:38 AM

Honestly, I would probably tell her that since she felt that she was adult enough to start a family, she could be adult enough to live on her own. Those girls do that crap knowing full well that their parents are going to raise their baby. Not me, I will not. If she wants to abuse the government, that's her choice, but I will not be used and abused so she can have a live baby doll to play with now and again. The boys are rarely if ever involved, she'd be on her own. 

mamalinzie
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 9:43 AM

I would make her get counseling...  if ever I found out my teenage daughter got pregnant on purpse, she would be in counseling.

allurasmamma
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 9:46 AM

My Teen? Of course I would be upset.

However remember baby boomers? When everyone was having babies the same time? Yeah, this is not a new thing.

I would support her however I knew best.

STACIEH
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 9:50 AM
I think like pp said I would wonder where I screwed up on teaching her morals and a value system. I feel that if parents are fully involved and have a strong value system in place And the child has guidence that is a big deterrent for this type of behavior.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Teeshann
by Silver Member on Jun. 27, 2010 at 10:08 AM

well if she was already pregnant she wouldn't like life. she'd be getting a job to support that child.

if she wasn't pregnant yet she'd have no life till she was 18. she would not go anywhere without mommy.

Issa81
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 10:16 AM

I would be really upset but I would support her I would get her into parenting classes some couseling and she would also have to get a part time job as well as finish school throughout her pregnacy and after the money she would make would all go towards baby things. I was pregnant at 15 I have a 12 year old son and my daughter is going to be seven and they know how hard it is I am just now getting back into school im 29 but throwing her out or screaming or yelling at her isnt going to help or change the situation. Also on the flip side me and there dad did stay together at first we did it just for our son but now after lots of tears and pain and working it out we couldnt be happier.

Issa81
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 10:19 AM

Quoting STACIEH:

I think like pp said I would wonder where I screwed up on teaching her morals and a value system. I feel that if parents are fully involved and have a strong value system in place And the child has guidence that is a big deterrent for this type of behavior.

This is true to some degree, because we can do everything in our power to set those guidelines and morals and be involved and keep to what we say and the child is still going to do it if she wants. Most girls these days have images and standards they set or there friends set so if you want to keep those friends and boyfriends the girls think the easy way is getting pregnant

sarahbearamommy
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 10:21 AM

i dont have any girls, but a 2 1/2 yr old boy and am pregnant with another boy, but man i cannot even think about having a daughter and having her get preg... on purpose none the less.  i would definitely be very dissapointed.. i would probably have her get the depo shot starting at 14/15 lol

id be equally as dissapointed if my son got a girl pregnant as well.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)