Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Christianity/Churchianity

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 10:13 AM
  • 19 Replies

Christianity and Churchianity.....whats the difference?

by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 10:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KaleaWXT
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 10:40 AM

Thanks for your reply

tinybubblez
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:36 AM

i honestly don't know...but if i were to guess, i'd say there are ppl who live like Christians..and those who just show up at church...hypocrites ?

confused

t_lawson
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 12:18 PM

There are many that go to church just because thats the thing to do in their circle or in Professional ppl like Drs and Lawyers . Here they all attend the biggest church in town. Not saying they all do but you see that a lot.I think Tiny has it about right.I have a SIL that only cares what neighbors and friends think and thats why she attends church.Un less she has got her heart right since I talked to her last.

t_lawson
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 12:20 PM

It is a good question though. Tell us your thoughts sometime in this. Like to hear what you say.

p88hbear
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 12:23 PM

I know that Christianity deals with the following and teaching of Christ and his doctrines.

Churchianity sounds like something along of people who seem to worship the church and those in it... being a Baptist, I know I've heard the term "Back Row Baptists"... those who go to church, usually late and sleep in the back row, because they feel they should but they don't actually get anything more than a social aspect out of it. 

It's more a status position, like titles and such... less of a life lesson, like humility and grace.

**ETA**  I googled it and found this interesting perspective - Christianity vs Churchianity

free logo - http://www.sparklee.com

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker

potterpeaches
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 12:38 PM

Christianity is based on the bible and churchinity is based on the opinions of people. Sometimes these opinions are compatible with what the bible teaches and sometimes they are not.

Friday
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 1:04 PM

Beats me but your brand of Christianity seems to hinge on outbursts and attacking others, then pretending you are sorry only to do it again.

A sort of tourettes, I suppose.

Thank God......it's Friday!!!

blondekosmic15
by Platinum Member on Jun. 27, 2010 at 1:37 PM

I see many ppl. who attend Church every week but do not practice the Gospel & their Christianity is left @ the door to the Church when they leave. God understands our weaknesses but as Christians we should embrace our faith * defend all of the Commandments & humbly follow Jesus Christ even in times of struggle & ridicule~

Pink Blondie Glitter Glitters

blondekosmic15
by Platinum Member on Jun. 27, 2010 at 1:38 PM

Thx. for the post Kalea...interesting~

bump

blondekosmic15
by Platinum Member on Jun. 27, 2010 at 1:40 PM

Quoting Friday:

Beats me but your brand of Christianity seems to hinge on outbursts and attacking others, then pretending you are sorry only to do it again.

A sort of tourettes, I suppose.

I am sorry you do not understand the difference between being faithful to God's Commandments & defending them than a person who actually attacks another for their differences~

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)