Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would you let your child run outside naked?

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:14 AM
  • 117 Replies

A friend of mine has a 4 year old girl and a 2 year old boy and she just admitted that she lets her kids run around in the back yard naked to play in the sprinkler.  Mind you, they live in a somewhat rural area but they do have some neighbors that you can see from their house and they do not have a fence. But generally, it's pretty much a private area. 

I didn't think twice about it, but then when I mentioned it to my husband he thought it was crazy.  There have been a lot of news stories lately about peeping toms and he said no one can be sure that no one is looking at their kids.  I have been to this woman's house and it's not completley isolated, but I'm sure neighbors behind her can see what's going on in her yard. 

by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
amayabrianna
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:16 AM

In a private area I would but in a community I would at least make them wear a diaper or panties.

heidi37217
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:16 AM

I would never let either of my children run around outside naked regardless of where I lived.

mama2twogirls
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:17 AM
I wouldn't and we have a privacy fence.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Teeshann
by Silver Member on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:18 AM

i'd make my kids wear a swimsuit

LUVMI4BOYZ
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:19 AM
Nope....I personally wouldn't....I do have some friends that do tho...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lil_ol_me9306
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:19 AM

I don't even let them run around in undies.  They need to have shorts on at the very least, with LOTS of sunscreen.

Brianne036
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:21 AM
I let my two yr old boy run outside one undies and naked inside. I have a fence and it's a private yard though.....he's potty training. I think I'd make them were undies but it's not a big deal I guess
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dustinsmommy74
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:25 AM

I wouldn't. They would have to at least wear shorts or swimming trunks.

STACIEH
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:27 AM
Isn't that why they make bathing suits?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaFLgurl
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:33 AM

I don't let my son run around naked outside. He is one and i don't want him to sit in the grass and get bugs on his little butt or a rash from the grass, He is very fair skinned so i put alot of sunscreen on him and 95% of the time he also has a shirt on.  Although i do let him go around naked in the house.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)