• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

what do u think

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 2:30 PM
  • 22 Replies

of someone who has a child barely any food in her house just bought a pack of cigerettes yesterday hasnt given any to anyone butthen today is asking you to borrow 5 bucks for a pack of cigerettes and she will supposedly pay you back tomorrow? would u give her the money? this happend to me my neighbor asked. im sorry i do have the money but i lied and told her no because there has been more than one occassion where i have loaned her money and she was supposed to pay me back the next day and never did. so i said no. it would be one thing if she needed to borrow the money to put food in her house but im not paying for someone's smoking habit. oh well thats my vent for the day

by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 2:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Shellness
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 2:34 PM

Smoking is not a necessity. It is a *dumb* luxury. I wouldn't give her money for anything. I would buy food or pay a water bill but no cash directly. People will use you unfortunately.

Kaelansmom
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 2:34 PM

Nope, I don't even give my mum or sister money for cigs... (though, my sister will go without to feed the kids.)

elleinad
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 2:35 PM

She an addict -- same as any other drug addict, only sadly her addiction is socially acceptable. I'd try to get her help.

bananahammock1
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 2:37 PM
You said barely any food.. So she does has food?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nikkiJ86
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 2:39 PM

How do you know so much about this neighbor? Are you close friends?

anetrnlov
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 2:40 PM

Yea, I wouldn't be handing over a dime.  My sister went through a phase where she would ask for grocery/gas/diaper money and end up using it on cigarettes/McDonalds/alcohol/etc....so instead of handing her cash mom and dad would either buy groceries/diapers and take them to her or meet her at the gas station and fill up her car.

EireLass
by Ruby Member on Jun. 27, 2010 at 2:40 PM

Why do you know what her food cabinets have/not have in them? 

Teeshann
by Silver Member on Jun. 27, 2010 at 3:23 PM

nope. not ever.

momof3jam
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 3:24 PM
Like I tell my brother, support your own habit - or quit. Money for dinner, sure. Money for smokes, sorry. Prioritize better.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Aamy
by Silver Member on Jun. 27, 2010 at 3:26 PM

Nope, i dont give ANY money for cigs. Its not a need to live. Now food, ok i would do that, but just so someone can go buy cigs ?? No way. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)