Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you have something????! PIOG

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 4:47 PM
  • 14 Replies

To pass down to either your sons or daughters.....You use to hear about this a long time ago but not much lately. I have a promise ring that my hubby gave to me when we were dateing that i will be giveing my daughtger when she is old enough she is 4 now. I have to find something for my twin boys they are 6 but i am not sure what to give them. 

by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 4:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Robyn218
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 4:50 PM

My husband and I have worked very hard, and are pretty darn successful.  My kids and grand kids are going to be very well taken care of. (They already are.)  Other family members and my housekeeper will also be set for the rest of their lives.

BMW0508
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 4:55 PM

My husband bought me a little heart locket with a tiny diamond in it. It was the first real diamond I ever had. I will most likely give that to my daughter. My husband has a gun that my dad bought him for Chritmas one year. That will be handed down to my son. When he is an adult of course, don't freak out! lol

tippymorgan08
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 4:55 PM

Yep.

When I was a little girl my mother gave me a cute little butterfly pin that was given to her by her mother. I always wore it to church, couldn't leave home without it. Of course, at some point in my mind I got "too old for it," but I held on to it and I plan on giving it to our daughter. Even now I sometimes pin it on her.

sheshe777
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 4:58 PM

Quoting BMW0508:

My husband bought me a little heart locket with a tiny diamond in it. It was the first real diamond I ever had. I will most likely give that to my daughter. My husband has a gun that my dad bought him for Chritmas one year. That will be handed down to my son. When he is an adult of course, don't freak out! lol

aww thats sweet. my hubby has  a gun to he might pass down to the boys i know he wants topass down his volkswagon beetle

momof3jam
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 4:58 PM
Dh had a gold bracelet his grandfather gave him. He plans to give it to ds when he's older. It's not tangible, but I gave my dd her grandmas middle name. I have my grandmas and my mom has her grandmas. I'm hoping she'll give her dd my middle name :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sheshe777
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 4:59 PM

Quoting tippymorgan08:

Yep.

When I was a little girl my mother gave me a cute little butterfly pin that was given to her by her mother. I always wore it to church, couldn't leave home without it. Of course, at some point in my mind I got "too old for it," but I held on to it and I plan on giving it to our daughter. Even now I sometimes pin it on her.

thats sweet!

emmiesmommy1109
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 5:00 PM

My mom gave me her cedar chest and I will give it to DD when she gets older.

LuvMyPenguins
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 5:02 PM

It's really corny but it's a cookie jar. My dad ate out of it from his grandma's, I ate out of it from my grandparents, my kids are eating out of it from my parents....LOL... lots of little hands have gone in and out of that cookie jar clinging to home made cookies made with love. When I have grandkids, it'll be passed on to me, so on and so forth....

sheshe777
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 5:04 PM

Quoting LuvMyPenguins:

It's really corny but it's a cookie jar. My dad ate out of it from his grandma's, I ate out of it from my grandparents, my kids are eating out of it from my parents....LOL... lots of little hands have gone in and out of that cookie jar clinging to home made cookies made with love. When I have grandkids, it'll be passed on to me, so on and so forth....

awww i love that !!!

Ineedyata
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 5:06 PM

My husband has a gold and diamond ring his grandfather gave him when he graduated High School (his grandfather wore it always, now it's about 70 years old or more). This will go to our eldest son. I was born on my grandfather's birthday (2/16) and he willed his ring to me. It's gold and amethyst. When he passed my uncle had it cleaned and gave it to me (Now it's about 40 years old or more). My youngest son was also born in February and this ring will go to him. When my husband and I moved with our kids from NY to FL, leaving my entire family behind, my mother gave me her ring - the one I always said as a small child "when you die can I have this" lol. It's gold with 7 ruby stones and was her very first "real" ring (it's 60 years old). My daughter was also born in July and this ring will go to her.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)